33

carlos' pov

-

In the middle of watching a football game, I heard a knock on the door. I assumed it must have been Isa who forgot her keys.

Opening it, I was surprised to see Giana. However, I thought she was here for Isa since Gi helped out with modeling some clothing earlier.

"Hey, Isa will be back soon." I said with a warm smile, moving back so she could come in. "You're more than welcome to wait."

Closing the door, she got inside without saying a word which made me feel that something was off.

Giana was like the sun. You felt her warmth and comfort just by being around her for a few moments. Everyone says the same thing. Even Daniel, who was walking joy agreed that no one shone like Gi.

Right now, she just felt cold. Her usual bright demeanor was quiet and sad.

"Giana, are you okay?" I asked her gently.

When she removed her glasses, I took notice of her red puffy eyes. A frown etched on my face when her voice broke as she spoke. "I'm sorry, I didn't know where to go."

Opening my arms up, she didn't hesitate as she hugged me tightly. She held on to me like I was going to disappear. "It's okay, let it all out." I tried to reassured her, rubbing her shoulder softly as she started to sob.

Giana being here crying meant something bad happened with Lando. If Giana was sad for a single moment, Lando would go crazy trying to make her feel better. The fact that she was here instead of being comforted by him, gave me the feeling that it was his fault she was like this.

It was then I noticed that Giana's breathing became more shallow as she clutched on to my sweatshirt tighter.

"Gi?" I leaned back slightly to get a better look at her and I saw that her eyes were squeezed shut.

"Carlos...I can't- I can't...breathe correctly. It hurts." She placed one of her hands to her chest as she started to stumble a bit. Helping her sit on the ground carefully, I realized she was having a panic attack.

Giana had confided in me about some instances where she had them but this was my first time witnessing her experience one. I wasn't sure what to even do.

"Giana, I need you to first open your eyes." I sat on the floor next to her.

"No, no. I can't" She cried out; her eyes still closed and her hands still pressed tightly against her chest.

The door suddenly opened startling me. It was Isa. When she noticed the situation, immediately her eyes alerted in a panic.

"Que paso?" She asked, dropping her things and sitting next to Giana in an instant.

"Can you try talking to her?"

Isa nodded with no hesitation as I stood up fast and looked for my phone. Once I found the right contact, I waited anxiously as the phone dialed.

Giana kept breathing heavily as she cried, too paralyzed in her state of fear. It was impossible to tell if she even realized that Isa was in front of her.

Isa was trying to soothe and comfort Giana but it seemed to be no use. "Giana, honey" she said softly, reaching for her hands.

"I just want it to stop" Giana cried out softly. 

It was like an eternity before my call was answered. "Hey mate!" Charles greeted.

"Charles, it's Giana."