36

lando's pov

-

What caught me off guard from Charles was the angry look in his eyes. It was like he was five seconds away from swinging at me.

Funny how he wouldn't be the first Leclerc to do so.

"Hey." I said a bit confused.

Charles didn't respond and instead walked past me with an aggressive "Excuse me."

Letting the door shut, I followed after him down the hallway. "What are you doing?"

He didn't answer my question as he walked into Giana's closet. I was even more baffled when he grabbed Giana's suitcases and started putting clothes in there.

"Charles, where's Giana? What's going on?"

He paused briefly, giving me an angry glare. "You don't deserve her a single bit. Absolutely disgusting the way you treat her."

The color must have drained from my face. "What are you talking about?"

"I saw your girlfriend on her way out of the apartment. That's a low for you Lando. I thought you were better than that"

"Charles listen-"

"No, you listen. You had all the time in the world to do things right and treat her with the love and respect she deserves. Instead you do the complete opposite. I'm not letting you keep hurting her anymore."

"But you don't understand-"

"Save it. I don't want to hear your excuses." Charles interrupted. "I didn't come here to talk."

Zipping the case closed, he carried it as he walked into Giana's room.

"Where is she? I need to talk to her" I kept following after him.

"No." He simply replied, walking around the room, grabbing and placing some of her things into one of her bags.

"Please."

He paused again to look at me. "No. You want to know why?" He didn't wait for me to answer. "She had a panic attack on Carlos' floor and kept crying as she repeated how she wanted everything to stop. You don't get to do that to her."

Giana hasn't had a panic attack in a long time. It was like someone had stabbed me in the gut when he said that. Knowing it was my fault had me feeling appalled with myself. I had to talk to her, I had to explain everything.

"I would never do that to her on purpose Charles. It was a misunderstanding." I tried to explain to him as he kept packing her things.

As he packed her things, it was like he was taking Giana away from me. Him taking her things meant she wasn't coming back.

I felt completely and utterly useless right now. He didn't believe a single thing I said.

A part of me didn't blame him though. If I saw Giana in the same exact state because of someone else, I would never let them get near her again.

Charles then closed the bag as he finished packing things up and walked past me.

"Is she at your place, I just want to explain everything" I made one last effort to confirm where she was. Never have I felt so desperate in my life.

"She's not at my place, even if she was I wouldn't tell you." Charles answered calmly as he carried the suitcases towards the front door.

"Wait Charles"

I was surprised when he actually stopped, turning around to face me. "I already said no Lando."

"No wait up."