014

:: 2020, One isolation

Ilaria,

They say that collecting memories and experiences is much better than taking good care of material things—but I say that collections somehow define who you are and what you are as a whole. Giving yourself physical things is not a mere obsession nor a negative habit to do if that's what makes you happy and valued, unless it's causing you worst outcomes. Some of us tends to save to travel the world, go around places we have never been, take pictures of the destinations, keep it. Meanwhile, some of us spend all they have for food alone, for a thing alone, living for that certain time in their present and not looking to the future, and that is all fine; because the fulfillment is there, the worth is there, and we know what will be the ones that will make us complete and contented at some point. You cannot force anyone to live in the present if they want to live in the future, same goes with you can't just tell someone to think of the future if they are already living at the moment. It is not just a battle of preferences, but a commitment in upholding the values they are believing at. At a certain instances of anyone's life, freedom was taken away by few situations; and as a person who felt caged for quite some time, we both know that we don't want to be part of anyone's vain and conflict in terms of independence, as well as rights.

Save what you want to stay and let go of what you need to forget. Stepping up slowly will get you to somewhere far rather than staying where you are. Some of the relationships fade, but that's alright. Never expect something eternal, because nothing lasts for that long. It may take more time for us to be with it, but surely it won't end up in the way we're wishing it to be, like long-lasting. Keep what must be kept, buried what must be in grave.

perhaps, not all the memories should be remembered,
and most of the treasures may not be mine
still, the polaroids and laughs we shared
will always have my nostalgic heart and eyes that shine.

:: Prosper