025

:: Haya's Fourth Imagination

Huge bed, soft pillows, heavy comforters, and a fragrant blanket. Parties, night-out, and gatherings are the meanings or highlights of the life for some, but that seems to be the entire opposite of what I have and what I believed to be. For other people, the outside world is much more interested than the life inside the bedroom. Well, I couldn't disagree.

Outside your home is the entire reality. But once you entered your private space, dreams are quite interesting to explore.

"If you're tired, just sleep."

I used to fear the dark creatures I've seen when my eyes are closed. The fragment of memories from the horror movies I watched, the illusion of monsters I created in my mind, and the jumpscares I always experienced whenever my family members scare me, were the things that affected my dreams every night.

It made me tremble and cry to the point that I couldn't even close my eyes after that. But on the other hand, this made me have the urge to control my dreams, and wake up from my nightmares everytime it occurs in my sleep.

During the rainy days, I can still vividly remember how I fear the lightning and the roaring sound of the sky. But as I grew up in isolation, the fear over my childhood days about monsters and such seemed to cool down. And sleep suddenly became my ride to the uncertainties.

Every night, I end up imagining a scenario in my mind. Be it a plot of the story I'm writing, my unwritten outline, or my vision of the future, I always have a single situation playing in my thoughts the moment I decided to rest.

And it starts from there, until morning.

I may not know where I'll end up in my dreams or even nightmares but whenever I'm there, I can do what I want, change it to the way I want, and wake up when I want.

It's really fascinating to watch the thing I used to fear at, turned out to be something that would put me up into an outcome that I would unexpectedly, always need.

Indeed, it was such a great rest to have.