022

:: Haya's First Note

Melodies are everything you need to hear in order to create something. Sometimes, it's not just a simple creation made by the creativity of mind and a mere product of imagination, but a masterpiece in process without us noticing even just a bit of it.

As a kid who loves to explore different things in life no matter how small or big they are, I didn't confine myself in a one small box. There are lots of things to search and find, and there are several situations wherein I felt contented with the matters I end up having.

I even thought at first, "What's fun in doing so?" But then I found solace. It wasn't much as I expected, but I learned to escape the reality in such a young age.

With headphones on, while looking at the screen of the computer searching for something to enjoy, I knew that I had a moment to be grateful for.

One of the greatest treasures I've encountered was the tunes I discovered on screens, and heard out of nowhere. With a minimum of four hours every day, I think I had that one specific place wherein people can look for me when I'm not home.

While playing games and making some friends within the same spot, I always have the music going on, sharing recommendations with strangers. I even remember how embarrassing it was when my voice singing an out-of-tune song, was heard all over the shop with tons of people in it. Looking back, I couldn't stop laughing by how funny was that.

I wonder what those people would think about me if so happen that I marked something in their memories? That would be hilarious to passed by with them along the streets or while riding in the vehicle as them, and then they'll suddenly remember that seven-year old kid at the far corner with headphones on.

Going home, I have some words playing in my mind. I can't play any instruments, but I can make music in my thoughts. I have the tune, but no specific notes to reach. I have words, but still having a hard time constructing it as a whole.

Growing up, it became a part of me.

Every music I hear tend to stopped by in my mind and dwell in it for some time. I would compose a bit, be drowned into the last song syndrome, and get over with it for weeks. Living in the rhythm and arts created by other people somehow made me realize that talking to someone you know isn't the only way to express yourself.

There's a whole world to run and fly into.

When I'm happy, I enjoy everything that comes in my sense of hearing. I sway with the beat, dance with the whole song, and sing along with it. I play my body with the heart of those harmonious compositions. I love how I always get up from my feet just to feel every single note, and let my soul be in both isolation and peace.

But when I'm sad, I understand the lyrics. The words engraved into the papers with several drafts and various demos are much more felt when the whole world seemed to be against me. I'm seeing more than what my eyes can read, I hear more than what my ears can accept, and I can think more sentimental things than what my mind seemed to normally imagine.

I learned to deeply dive into things and find meaning behind the simple words came that came together with a beat that would match a heart when heard.

After all—music isn't just something arranged and, not just a mere words composed to express.

It's a safe haven.