Chapter 4: From Here On Out

You raised the hammer over your head and slammed down on the anvil with the heated metal part on it.

It quickly mold, and flattened as you hammered any and all imperfections from the mix.

You had repeated this process hundreds of times over the span of 8 years.

You slammed down again as you felt metal sparks tickle your body.

As of now, you have become almost completely self reliant in every day tasks without your vision. Even managing to hone and train your other remaining senses.

You heard the ting of the metal clashing and felt the heated steel through the hammer.

You sensed the heat of the new part to your weapon brush past and threaten to burn your skin.

And finally...you felt the pressure in the air change...as if someone came into watch you work.

Y/N: Tank?- is that you?!

You hammered down on the heated metal once more.

Tank: yep!- don't mind me! Just finish up...

Y/N: just about done here!

Using the tongs, you accurately picked up the heated metal before dipping it into the vat of oil.

You felt the steam brush against your arm as you let out a satisfied sigh before removing the part from the oil.

Despite the blade still being a little to warm to touch, you easily and quickly brushed the back of your hand against the warm metal...

Perfection!

No tangs, cracks, warps, or disfigurations!

Y/N: Alright!

You shouted out in triumph before hastily running over towards a table.

Seeing as you had been practically living within Tank's house for almost eight years now. You had the locations of everything practically memorized!

Quickly reaching the table, you placed your hand over where you had last placed your walking stick before grabbing it.

The old tool Tank had made for you so long ago looked nothing like it did before.

With extensive and crude modifications grafted to each part of it, you held it proudly in your hand before holding the new part close to it.

Y/N: ok...hear we go!

Twisting the handle to the left, the grip quickly slid down to the middle as the top and bottom portions revealed a motor bike chain. As both new ends of the walking tool began to change angle, the chain within the staff slowly moved out ward and connect to both ends, creating a great deal of tension within the staff.

You heard and felt the literal thousands of years turning over before locking into new sets in mechanical harmony as several inner linings of tension cables and locks revealed themselves.

Eventually, you felt the built in pistons lock into place before letting out puffs of steam while repressuring themselves with lubricant and gas.

Both ends of the staff seemed to almost snap, bend, and lock into place as you pulled the connected chain as if you were going to fire off a bolt.

Y/N: alright...here we go...

Now in your hands, was a heavy armor piercing bow.

Gently relenting on the bow string. You picked up the now cooled down metal piece you had made before holding it close to where you held the bow.