Chapter 8: A Dule is a Lesson

After you had finished your food, and the other people around you had all left the break room you had sat in with Neo. You let out a satisfied sigh, from a filled belly and a renewed smile.

Y/N: whelp!- that was good right Neo!?

You heard Neo's clothing shift to that of a nod before smiling again.

Y/N: so what now-

???: NEO!- NEO WHERE AR- oh...there you are...

Your words were cut short, as some one had entered the room.

???: Roman called for you. Told me to look after no eyes here while you helped him out...

That insult was...not kind...but you did hear an annoyed and angered huff of air come from Neo as she sat up from her chair. She walked to you before patting you back, and drawing...

"Be careful" ...but why?

Before you could even ask you questions, she walked out of the room...leaving you with this other person...

Y/N: hello- my name is-

???: I know what you name is dude...

Y/N: oh...

???: I'll only say this once then...Names Mercury... Don't forget it.

You gulped down a lump in your throat as you spoke up.

Y/N: hello Mercury...how are you doing today?...

Mercury said nothing in response to your question. Instead, he spoke up with a commanding like voice.

Mercury: spill it...

Y/N: eh?-

Mercury: what makes you able to walk with us?...

Y/N: I-I don't-...I don't understand.

You became some what hesitant to continue speaking, but you heard Mercury sigh.

Mercury: look...between you and me...I think your a liability...as do a few others around here. To list off the obvious of course, your blind, you have no concept of what we are trying to do here, and lastly?- I bet that you can't even fend for yourself...and I don't think the old man didn't train you for real fights...

You felt your heart clentch at the rude comments, but decided that they were all within reason to be discussed about...but fending for yourself?

Mercury: don't get me wrong- that old hoot at the forge you call a dad, is pretty strong as is. So even living with him would've put some muscle on you...but when I see you?...I don't even think you can fight...

That...that broke a nerve...

Mercury: because-

Y/N: stop it...

Mercury: ...what?

Y/N: you can keep insulting me...but don't insult my dad... because I'm pretty sure that he taught me how to fight too...

You gripped your walking stick tightly as the sound of contorting metal within your hand was that was heard.

Mercury: oh?~...so the deer has some sharp antlers, big woop!...can you prove it?~

Getting both annoyed, and quite agitated, you shot up with you now transformed bow in hand. But you didn't knok an arrow, instead, you pulled a heavy arrow from your bag before aming it directly at Mercury.

Y/N: how about this then...can you handle it?...

You could almost feel the cooked smile come across his face as he gingerly accepted.