Chapter 6: The Chance

Y/N: I-...I do...

You felt "Salem"s hand gently slide from your before feeling her touch your shoulder softly. The sound of a darkly lot chuckle filled your ears as the air around you grew colder.

Salem: then let me ask you this then...

Her grasp tightened you felt a sense of meaningless dread come down upon you...why did feel this way?...

Salem: if you did have that strength...what would you use it for?~

The entire world around you shrunk...you hadn't really thought that far...

Y/N: I...I don't know...I'm sorry...

Salem: no need to apologize, child... hm...would you perhaps like to find a reason?

Your mind was taken aback as your heart began to pound...an offer?...a chance to find what you want most in life?- what a moment!
.
.
.
But...you couldn't help but sense Tank looking at you with a worried expression...but why?...

You shook your head before returning to the conversation.

Y/N: h-how would that work mamm?

Salem: it would be simple child~ I have contacts with my other associates that work with Tank and myself. They always move around the world for different reasons, but they are still loyal to me. I can have them take you in for a few days as you figure out what you choose to do next~...

For some reason you felt your heart jump at this. A chance to...well..."experience" the world...huh...there we go!

Y/N: I think...I think I would very much like that...

You could almost feel the grin appearing on Salem's face as she gently let go of your hand.

Salem: splendid!...then it is done~ you will be escorted by Cinder and her companions in due time...be prepared young Y/N...I expect "big" things from you~

You could feel her presence leave almost immediately...strange...usually you could sense a person's affect on the air around you as they move but...it felt as if she just ...disappeared?

"Strange" was all you could think to your self...but after your thoughts had time to run through your mind. You traced your path back before tapping on Tank's leg on accident.

Y/N: ah!- there you are. Hi sir- ah-I-I mean...dad...

You flashed a bright smile. But around him however, you could also feel Cinder's oddly dark presence as she moved to your side before placing a strangely warm hand on your shoulder.

Cinder: we leave first light...

Y/N: w-what!- but-!

Cinder's grip on your shoulder tightened as the heat from her hand grew to a slight burning sensation

Cinder: trust me...you don't want to disappoint the queen~

She let go of your shoulder as you sensed her walk away

Y/N: but I...

Cinder: be sure you have all of your things ready...

You heard her foot steps get farther and farther away before eventually hearing her enter the house...now the only thing you heard was the sound of the waterfall in the distance, and the passing wind you felt brush against your face.

Y/N: dad?...

You blankly stared at the direction you thought Tank was before feeling your body get placed into a hug.

Tank: I'm here kid...

You...well...you weren't nervous...you felt...afraid?...but why?

Y/N: I think...I think I'm scared...