Chapter 14: Enemies Are Friends Too!

As you sat there lazily resting on the tree, you began to notice the air around you begin to grow somewhat colder. And the sun that was once high and above the tree seemed to feel lower, as the sun kissed your face while remaining just above the horizon...

It was time...

Carefully hopping down with no trouble, you whistled in several directions like you had done before.

You did this until you noticed the sound bounce off of a nearby building.

You were positioned to make your way there, but-

???: Why are you whistling?

Y/N: a-ah!

A female voice was suddenly behind you...how did you not notice her?...hm...

In any case however, you stumbled forward before eventually balancing yourself out.

???: Oh, sorry about that...

The person walked up to you before patting you down from any loose leaves and branch prices that still clung to your clothes.

???: Are you okay?

She spoke again as you regained your composure.

Y/N: y-yes, thank you...my name is-

???: Y/N...right?

You paused in the middle of your sentence.

Y/N: u-um...yeah...yes, I am Y/N...how did you-...?

You heard her him in amusement before sensing her leave your personal space.

???: Word and rumors of you traveled pretty fast through the school, so I just assumed...

Y/N: ah...I see, and you are....?

???: Oh, sorry. My name is Pyrrha. Pyrrha Nikos.

Y/N: hello Pyrrha, my name is-...well...I guess you know my name already...eh?

You both shared a small chuckle as you whistled one last time to make sure you were facing in the direction of the nearest buildings.

You began to walk forward. And as you did, you began to notice Pyrrha walking next to you.

Pyrrha: so why were you whistling?

Y/N: um?- well, when I went blind, the first thing I noticed was that sound can be used to measure distance. The denser the sound coming back to you, the closer something is, and the opposite when something is far away.

Pyrrha: soooo...you were trying to reach the nearest pillar?...

You turned to stare at her with glazed eyes with an embarrassed expression.

Y/N: I-um....it's not the best tool to use...

Pyrrha chuckled at you for moment before speaking right after inhaling once done laughing.

Pyrrha: I can help you get where you need to go if you need some help, y'know.

You thankfully smiled before holding up your leash.

Pyrrha: is...is that a leash?

Y/N: *sigh* yes. Just trust me, it's a lot easier for me and my morals...

There was a short and silent pause until you felt her hand take the leash from your possession.

Pyrrha: well then...this is a new feeling...where do you need to go?

Y/N: the arena please!- I need to meet up with someone there.

Pyrrha: who?- if I may ask...

Y/N: ah, his name is Cardin. We met this morning, and he wants to fight me now...why?