Chapter 30: A Place To Come Back To

How long have you been out for?...or for better yet...

How much have you missed?

You opened your blind eyes as your ears seemed to warm up to the sensation of the sounds around you...

Out side of the room you were in...

Workers?...were they perhaps fixing the damages done to the mansion?

You wanted to move, but as soon as you tried to turn to your side. An immediate cry of pain shot through as you held your lower left side out of instinct.

Y/N: ah...that...that sucked...

Ilia: your awake...

Your eyes shot open out of shock...was she here to finish the job?

Y/N: Ilia!?- what th-!?

Your words were jumbled and cut short as pure fight or flight instincts turned on. Forcing you to roll of the bed with an audible thud as you smacked down into the floor beneath you...luckily, your walking stick fell on top of you. Allowing you to stand on pained joints, muscles, and unhealed wounds.

Y/N: What are you-!?

Ilia: calm down...I'm not here to kill you...

You tired to hold your walking stick in defense, but...your strength hadn't fully returned to you yet...

You almost fell again, but you managed to get your grip back on the banshee before placing it beneath you again.

Y/N: t-then...-why- agh!...

You tried to take a single step forward, but...once more, the wounds you were given had caused you to falter crumble and fall...but...you didn't crash into the ground again?

Ilia...with much effort. Had managed to slip under and catch you before you fell...

Ilia: calm down!...I'm not here to kill you...I'm here to make sure nothing else happens to you until you recover...

You heard her speak from your left side as she guided you back to the bed once more.

Ilia: just sit down for now...and let me get the cheif-

She was about to leave, but you managed to outstretch your arm to hold on to her.

Y/N: w-wait!...

She stopped her leave before turning towards you...

Ilia: yes...?

Y/N: h-how are you...why are you here?...why didn't you escape?

You heard her sigh aloud before speaking...

Ilia: call it a second chance given to me by miss Belladonna...not to mention...both her and the cheif had agreed that I owe you protection after what I've done...

You let go of her as you managed to get your feet back onto the bed

Y/N: ah...I see...

Ilia: yes...now if I may...?

You nodded in gratitude before saying one last thing...

Y/N: o-oh, and Ilia!...

She stepped back into the room with an emotion close to annoyance and rush

Ilia: yes...?

You smiled in her direction before speaking

Y/N: thank you...and...I forgive you...even if you were trying to kill me...

You felt emotions change within her heart as they fluctuated into...gratitude and relief...

Ilia: dummy....