Chapter 13: A Name You Can't Forget

After being chased by several other teenage girls with Velevt desperately trying not to make you run into any walls as she bolted down what felt like miles of outstretched hallways with you still bound to the leash in her hands. You both eventually made it out side before sitting down dead tired next to a tree.

Velevt: *pant* I think...*pant* we *pant* finally got away...hwooo! That was rough!

You smiled in-between heaved breaths of your own.

Y/N: y-yeah *groan* no kidding...

You leaned and slowly slid down the side of the tree before letting out a relaxed sigh.

Velevt: sorry for dragging you around like that however. I truly didn't want this to be your first experience of Beacon.

You waved your hand as you spoke up while you heard Velevt sit under the tree with you.

Y/N: i-it's ok, I'm actually pretty shy about crowds and strangers.

Velevt: wait, really?...but...your pretty confident about letting me- uh..."walk you"

It took you a minute to realize what she was referring to, but...a blush quickly appeared on your face.

Y/N: nononono!- I just don't want to hold another person's hand is all!- I just believe that I shouldn't hold another person's hand unless I'm married to them...I-...I'm not like that...

You looked down in embarrassment as you tried to state your reason. But in your small moment of embarrassment, you felt a hand get placed on top of yours.

Velevt: hey, it's okay...I actually think that it's kinda nice

You faced velevt with a thankful smile before looking off into the distance...or atleast facing it that is...

Y/N: thank you...

Velevt: *chuckle* no worries...

You both say there for a while longer. The simple sound of breath slowly filling your lungs before reaching a calmed and relaxed exhale and wind passing by. You had a chance to finally calm yourself and think for a moment.

In all honesty, you hadn't really been able to simply sit down and think for a while. Your mind, and ears felt both mentally and physically exhausted. So a break like this was welcomed with warm arms

Velvet: hey Y/N?...do you mind if we stay here for a moment longer?

You turned face at Velevt before calmly humming in acceptance...you really didn't mind at this point.

That was until you felt Velevt lean up against you before laying her head on your shoulder...your face grew red once more, but...

You couldn't bring yourself to move away, or say no...infact, you were actually quite happy at the trust involved in this.

It really could've been that you felt prideful knowing that Velevt trusted you enough to simply be a pillow for a bit. But you could care less...

Blake pov

Seeing as I didn't really want to go back to my parents, I asked Weiss if she wanted to walk around for a bit. I probably could've asked someone else, but Ruby and Yang went to go and visit their dad for their break.

Weiss: I've been catching word of a new student coming to Beacon. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, do you?

Me: 'is Y/N here now!?'

We both walked through the hallway exiting out of the dormitories before exiting the building.

Me: actually, I do.