Chapter 10: Good Guy, Wrong Side

After a long rest thanks to Neo guiding you to a couch. You were eventually woken up via something poking your face.

Y/N: h-hm?- what?

Roman: get up kid!- it's time I put you into some real work!

You stirred awake before hearing something smack Roman.

Roman: H-hey!- Neo! Quit it!

You heard a fury of annoying soft jabs and smacks via what sounded like a collapsed umbrella swinging through the wind.

Roman: he can't keep getting special treatment because he's blind! If he can take down doom gloom gray without even so much as a flinch, then he can use that to help us move a few crates!

You heard a defiant stop on the ground before hearing Neo rain down another swarm of light strikes.

Y/N: so what needs done?

You slowly sat up before trying to find your walking stick. Although it took you a few tries, you felt the handle at the foot of the couch.

Roman: well- ow- a few worker- quit it! A few workers walked out on us-Not the face Neo!-...but a few dogs walked around talkin about how a blind kid took down one out of three most annoying people I know...well...1 out of 4 that is... There's a new one on my radar.

Y/N: o-oh...uh...ok!- so what do you need?!

Roman: I got a few aircraft's comin in to pickup a few containers. But...those containers aren't necessarily packed yet. NEO!!!

You smiled

Y/N: ok then!

Roman: *sigh* thanks kid, I'll be sure you get something after thi- Neo!- not the face, and above the belt!- you can hit the knees and below, but no higher!- you gettin' close to "that" spot!!!

You chuckled before getting up from the couch. You then tidied your clothes and attempted to fix your hair.

Y/N: so where will I be working?

Roman: I'll take you to the- Neo!- No!- Face!- god!... anyways, I'll take you to the area, and give you exact instructions for every motion your gonna be making. Ka'peash?

Y/N: lead the way sir!

You held out your leash...

Roman: uh...what are you doing?

Y/N: oh...uh...your gonna guide me there right?

Roman:...I don't think I have the mental capacity, or pride to..."walk" another person around others...I was just going to-

Before Roman could finish his sentence. You heard Neo quickly dash in front of Roman before immediately taking the leash in your hands.

Roman: Neo...*sigh*...did you put a leash on him?

There was a bit of silence. But you did hear the rustling of Neo's clothes.

Roman: you can't just put a leash on a blind guy with a lock!

Y/N: wait, there's a lock?

You tugged around the collar of the leash before feeling the lock in question.

Y/N: huh...wonder how I missed that...

Roman: NEO!...*sigh*... we'll talk later...*sigh*...just follow me and don't cause anymore problems for me...

You only nodded before hearing Roman's boot like footsteps get farther away from you before feeling Neo tug you around the facility while following.

After a few turns and doorways, you made it to the building's exit. Then after, Roman, Neo, and yourself made it to the work site.