Chapter 25: A Blacksmith's Flame...

Tank pov
(Corky: he's back!!!)

I sat along the wooden deck with a small fishing rod...I knew there wasn't gonna be ant fish but...I just like watching the current carry the hook under the water.

And as I sat there aimlessly, my mind went back to the fond memories of when Y/N was still present around the house...

Laughter in the process of healing...that would really be the only way I could describe him...and what he brought to my home...

I sighed before picking up my bloodied fishing rod, and turning back to my home

Along the stone pathways leading to my home...hundreds of disintegrating Grimm corpses laid in waste as they slowly withered away

Moment ago a massive horde of Grimm had tried to kill me...but as if you, didn't know already...

It's gonna take a lot more to kill me~

I walked past the decaying bodies with my weapon in hand...

Yes...I killed them all with a fishing rod...

Tank: hm...I wonder how Y/N is doing...

My mind wondered in thought as I tried to formulate the ways Y/N could've pussed Salem off enough to try and kill me.

Then I thought of how probably he freed himself from Salem...and a smile quickly reached my face...

Tank: keep going kid...

Salem: are those your last words to him?...

My eyes widened as I turned to face Salem...but...she wasn't the apparition she usually used to pop up and communicate...it was her...really her...

Tank: uh...he must have done somthin pretty cool if your here~

Her angered scowl was unmoving at my, least-than-favorable words to her...

Tank: I already made you another batch of weapons...do you need more?...or are you here to say hi to little old m- ?

Salem: did you know?...

My words were cut short as I heard Salem ask her question with fury and venom behind each word.

Tank: know what...?

Salem: Never mind...you'll be dead by then...

Without any warning the area around us began to darken as I immediately got into fighting stance...with the fishing rod, yes...

Salem: is this supposed to be a joke!

Tank: I killed a small army of Grimm with it, soooooo-

With a scowl she summoned two massive Grimm tentacles before using one of them to swipe the ground.

I quickly lepted over the first appendage, but I was almost too late to notice the second one incoming.

Tank: NOPE!

With a quick flick with my wrist, I flung the hook on my fishing rod before latching into the first tentacle. The momentum sent me flying onto the roof of my home as I looked down on the queen...all while I smiled...

Salem: your getting slow...~...the old you would've powered through those attacks...

Salem remarked at my aging downfalls, and flaws as she began to make glyphs surrounding both me and the perimeter of my home.

Tank: hm...might be right...but-!

My ears twitched as I sensed somthing incoming.

Quickly ducking down, I watched as a massive jagged pole fly over me before dissolving into dust.