Lucky me.

The Maths Teacher, Mr Roberts looked at everyone and said “If you've completed your assignment, submit it to my office after that class has been completed.”

"Yes," the Students replied.
Shawn in his heart was literally screaming in joy. He was truly lucky indeed.
"Good today we will he starting a new topic called matrices"

"First you must understand the way a matrix looks and their arrangements.
We'll be starting with a row matrix.
He then proceeded to explain the various matrices used in mathematics before he started the calculations.
Soon, the bell meaning an end had come to the class rang. "Thank you for coming to teach us Mr Roberts Sir," the students all got up and thanked him and as a way of sending him off.

"Remember to submit your assignments to my office immediately" Mr Robert said as he turned and walked out the door. Apparently he was busy today and so he decided to skip the ‘class review of assignment’ session and ordered the students to just submit.
Shawn, now very happy, knew that he had to wait for Richard to leave the classroom before taking his note with him or telling someone to help him to submit it.

When he surveyed the classroom, it seemed that Richard had been bored and apparently left the classroom, Shawn then turned to Stephanie.
"Let me guess, you don't want Richard to see you with your note and harass you, so you want me to be the one who submits it for you," Stephanie raised an eyebrow.

Shawn nodded.
"Look Shawn I think that it is about time that you get rid of this guy that is just causing you trouble asking for your assignment. It's just math but soon it is going to be other subjects and eventually the examinations.

You know how strict the school is, you get caught and your paper gets canceled and you might eventually be expelled. Maths is the only trouble with Richard but his dependence which might fall into you is going to also affect you"

"So what you are saying is...."
"Tell him no, flat and plainly. If he keeps coming back then you are going to go through a lot of problems and a lot of forcing and coercion" She said.

Shawn remained silent for a while and sighed "I get it. I'm going to get rid of this guy once and for all, thanks for the advice Steph"
He then grabbed his note from his desk and proceeded to head to the staff room.

He opened the door of the classroom and went straight to the staff room to submit the assignment. It was a bit distant so he had to speed up by running for a while until…
"Didn't you say that you haven't done the assignment?" said a familiar voice.
“Here it comes,” Shawn thought to himself, turning to face Richard.

"Sorry, I lied. I'm not your slave and it's not my duty to give you my assignments to copy. If you don't understand, ask someone to teach you don't try to write what you don't understand; it won't help you in the long run.

Sorry but this math dependence of copying isn't going to work so please excuse me" he said in a flat tone.

Richard who heard the words was shocked at the refusal that had been thrown at his face.
"Rather than wasting your time playing, maybe you should spend it asking for guidance," Shawn added before he proceeded to walk to the staff room.

Richard's minions who had been there with him looked at Shawn angrily and were about to approach him in an act of defense. But before they could do that Richard raised his hand halting their advance.

"Let him go," he said.
Shawn breathed a sigh of relief as he walked to the door. Initially, was expecting retaliation, his books thrown and materials destroyed and the issue of bullying brought into his peaceful life.

But no matter what he wasn't going to do what he knew was wrong. If they didn't understand it and he kept dodging eventually he would be found out and threatened. And the moment he yielded then it won't stop.
“Stephanie was right,” he murmured.