Hospitable Trap

Not long afterwards, they took out some seeds that they were holding in their animal bags.

Small yellow round seeds the size of specks were taken out and thrown across the .

A female orc dressed in a trail of leaves wrapped around her waist and covering her chest unlike the rest who were dressed in animal hides stepped forth as the other orcs parted ways for her.

As soon as she came close to the wet ground, she faced the crowd and spoke.
"My dear we come to celebrate another fertility festival for a good harvest and for the lucky one

She reached for the leather bag strapped to her waist and took some ash from it which she threw onto the wet ground.

She then started to clap her hands allowing more of the black powder to fall  as she began to sing.

After chanting the song for the first time, the other females also began to clap and sing with her.

"Water from the oasis,
Grow our crops,
Ash from the dead trees,
May you nurture our crops enough,
For our families to use"

Among the female orcs, one of them grinned as her hands clapped, Urkezi smiled at the
activity of the Orcs.

"The ash of the dead trees will aid in nurturing new life since they lost theirs. This plant singing festival has been worth it"

Then the female orc dressed in plant leaves who was known as the Priestess then turned to five other female orcs behind her who were dressed in animal hides like the other orcs, each carrying two bags filled with wood ash.

"Distribute the ash to ten random females and let them join in spreading it"

The females nodded and began to mix with the crowd with their eyes being closed and their free hands being stretched while their instincts guided them as they gave a bag of ash to whoever their hands touched. 

The crowd understood the rules of this and remained still while clapping and singing.

Cheers resounded across the female crowd as ten of them were picked.

The ten female orcs had been picked now stood in front of the priestess with their bags of ash.

With a smile, she addressed them "Congratulations to the ten of you. May you be imbued with the blessings of the ceremony"

It wasn't long before the female orcs were now spreading ash over the ground while the crowd continued to sing. Urkezi who was among the crowd smiled at this.

As her hands continued to flow with the others, a dim blue light began to emanate from it as she chanted the lyrics of the song.

Suddenly, the wood ash that was being sprinkled began to sparkle as the sky began to darken as clouds gathered above the oasis.
The orcs began to rejoice at the sight of this and not long afterwards, drops of rain began to pour over the land surrounded by the oasis.

"It's raining just right after the festival"

"I see, so she blessed the festival instead of choosing a chosen one like the others," Shawn said while gripping his chin.
"The law of blessings state that an higher being can influence a weapon, item, region or event with their domain. Something like how Semna's obelisks works because it has been blessed by her domain," he thought.

Another thought soon followed "If two higher beings were competing over a race, how competitive or how peaceful would they be?"

His mind was brought back to the screen showing him the happenings of the world.
"So the events of the orcs are still not over?"