Handover

Selmer arrived in the elf village after the rain had stopped and when she got home. Alvinia stood outside while watching her.

"Come with me" Alvinia said as she proceeded to drag Selmer to follow her to the forest.

When they arrived at the forest Alvinia took Selmer to a certain part of the forest. "Mother where are you taking me?" Selmer questioned.

"Since you can spend so much with the forest animals and even communicate with them. I need to see if you can see what I am also seeing" Alvinia said.

"But mother isn't this place where the festival of giving takes place?" Selmer asked again.
"Yes it is. That's how I brought fruits" Alvinia replied as she gave Selmer one of the fruits that she had brought with her as they entered where she had seen the Ikdorn once.

Alvinia stood rooted in her spot as Selmer asked her a question "Mother what is that creature stands on two of it's legs. How is that possible?"

"That creature that you see is the Ikdorn" Alvinia said.
Selmer's eyes widened.
"It's good that the both of you can see me" said Ikdo.

Elves could live for 300-350 years and Alvinia was at her prime when Selmer claimed that she had seen the Ikdorn. It was enough for Alvinia to know what was going on.

She walked forward a bit and said "My daughter has been chosen to continue the mission that I have held for so long" She said.

"Yes" Ikdo replied.
"You are growing old and will soon pass on. Someone has to take over sending my wishes to your people" He added.

Alvinia turned to Selmer and gestured to her that she needed to go to the Ikdorn.

Selmer not knowing the reason why, decided to obey the instructions of her mother and not believing anything bad was going to happen to her.

As soon as she approached the Ikdorn, he stared at her before placing his hand on her forehead.

Selmer flinched upon contact but she didn't move. The Ikdorn looked at her before his eyes glowed. Selmer's eyes also followed and glowed his before they became normal.

Alvinia on the other hand felt a slight pain in her head as if her connection to Ikdo had been disconnected. And she couldn't use sensory energy anymore.

*Ding* Your relationship with the Ikdorn has been terminated*

The Ikdorn's second messenger who was Selmer had been chosen. "Do your best to follow the instructions of the Ikdorn" Alvinia said to Selmer.

"Learn all that you must, I will have to go back to the village to make them prepare for your return" She added.

Selmer nodded but within her heart she knew what she had to do. She had to prepare herself for the responsibility that will be thrown at her.

Alvinia remembered the previous conversation that she had with the Ikdorn while she was in the sensory realm.

"Master Ikdo, I am getting close to the end of my lifespan. I am afraid that I cannot continue to complete the tasks and missions that you will give me. Please allow me to choose my successor" She said.

Ikdo who sat on the ground in a relaxed posture said "You do not need to choose your successor. Anyone in your tribe, who can communicate and bond with animals and spends a lot of time in the forests.

Once they are brought into the place you first saw me and they claim that they can see me. Then they are worthy to continue your mission"

Alvinia remembered those words clearly and that was why she took Selmer to the forest with her. Alvinia returned to the elf village where all the villagers gathered to listen to her.