Hunters.

Lulm stood inside a large hut made of wooden sticks and poles tied together by long stripes of grass to form the four walls of the hut.

The roof of the hut was thatched and made from the long and bushy leaves of the southern continent's western jungles.

Inside the hut were mud pots filled with herbs, parts of plants, stones and other natural resources of the jungle. Lulm remained on his knees as the red skinned shaman of his tribe entered the hut.

"Hmmm" The shaman nodded as he walked towards the pots and took a small wooden bowl along with a pestle which were beside the pots.

He took some leaves, stones and minerals as he began pounding the materials he had taken into the bowl.

He pounded the leaves first before adding the minerals and stones which were crushed under the force of the pestle.

After doing that, he proceeded to add a bit of rain water which he had gathered in another pot before pounding again.

After doing that he turned to lulm who was still on his knees and sat beside him.

He looked at lulm's marks before he proceeded to dip his hand into the liquid in the bowl which gave a reddish green mixture.

He traced the marks on lulm's skin using the liquid and when he was done he said to lulm "Rise tribe chieftain and let us go"

Lulm nodded as he rose from his position and  followed the shaman outside the hut.

The hut was the shamans hut and it was always built in a secluded place from the rest of the tribe.

Outside the hut was a large bonfire made from the wooden sticks of the jungle stacked upon each other.

"Chieftain. Stand in front of the flames" The shaman ordered.
Lulm walked to the front of the flames and the shaman followed as he stood at the other side which faces Lulm and began chanting.

As he began to chant, lulm's marks began to glow even with the presence of the strange liquid.

Lulm stood on the spot as the shaman continued to chant untill the changes began to appear.

A portion of the flames suddenly rose from their point and headed towards lulm in a fluid motion. The flames continued to move as lulm felt the heat they were generating.

The flames moved towards his traced markings and merged with it. Lulm felt pain from the merging process and gritted his teeth.

"Pain is a natural thing but as a chieftain you must learn not to yield to it" The shaman said and continued his chant.

After a while, lulm looked at the newly designed mark on his body. The new mark had a symbol of a flame in the center of his diamond patterned marks, both which gave off a reddish orange glow.

"Wait beside the fire so that your marks can heal and form fully" The shaman gave out another order.

Lulm remained in his position as he got on his  knees and after a while he closed his eyes. From the flames, a pair of red eyes emerged and looked at him.

Lulm sensed a presence looking at him and at that moment he opened his eyes to see the pair of eyes staring intensely at him.

"Quick reactions and senses. A skill worthy of a haran leader" A voice spoke through the flames.

"Ancestor. It is an honour to meet you" Lulm said as he bowed his head. He knew that the person who possessed that voice was his ancestor.

"My descendant i am impressed with what you have achieved. It takes not only strength but also wits to become a great leader.