The Kitchen Again.

Shawn opened his eyes before releasing a yawn as his arms stretched.
He felt his dry throat and had the urge to drink water.

"I'm glad, I just finished a quest and earned 2,000 CP for it" he said as he rose from his bed feeling energetic while also staring at the window.

"Its nearly dark," he thought.

The sound of the door to the house closing drew his attention as he ran.
"It's Lucas turn to cook" he thought as he opened his door room.

Emily was just coming home to see her kids and as usual, they didn't delay in appearing from their rooms to welcome her.

"How was school today?" She asked.
"Fine!" They chorused.

"It seems work day was also good" Shawn said while covering his mouth to yawn.

"Yes of course and why are you still in your  uniform?" She replied.

Shawn's eyes widened as he realized that he hadn't changed.
"Anyways, it's your turns to cook dinner" Emily said before carrying Stacy who was hugging her legs.

Shawn and Lucas immediately made their way to the kitchen and placed their utensils on the slab.

Lucas went to the refrigerator and brought out carrots and butter.

"You do the chopping, I'll do the gathering" Shawn said.

Lucas dropped the carrots onto the chopping board for some time before getting a knife and chopping.
"I'll do the chopping" he said.

"Don't chop your fingers, we know what happened last time" Shawn reminded him.

Lucas gave him a glare before turning to face the knife, the board and the carrots.

Shawn opened the cupboard below him and brought out a can of oil as well as the pot which he rinsed before placing it on the heater.

"Pour butter then oil" he told himself as he opened the can of butter and dumped four tablespoons into the pot.

"Time to wait" he told himself as he checked on Lucas.
"Thank goodness that he hasn't cut his finger" he heaved a sigh.

A few minutes later, his brother was done with the carrots and moved it into a bowl before facing the onions.

"Ahh, thank goodness. Its sizzling" Shawn remarked on the butter that was warming up.
"I do not want to see tears" he told himself as he opened that oil can and poured three tablespoons into the pot.

He reduced the heat and went to Lucas's side before taking a knife and getting the celery to chop on another board.

With double the work force, the duo were done and moved the onions and celery to a plate.

At that moment, the butter had already melted completely before a plate of onions was poured into it.

"I'm stirring" Lucas said as he took the huge spoon and held the handle of the pot while stirring with the speed of the wind.

"Jeez" Shawn could feel the force of the stir.

For five minutes, Lucas would stir while Shawn would grate the garlic into a third plate before pouring it in.

"Thyme" he said before pouring the dark green leaves into the fray and finally the carrots after a while of waiting.

Shawn went to take another container on the slab. "Here comes the broth" he said as he poured a pale yellow liquid into the pot and Lucas stirred once again.

"Next time, we'll make the broth" he said as he added water.

"Now to leave it for a nice warming"

"And finally some blending" Lucas completed his sentence as he closed the pot and raised the heat a little.