Chapter 2 // Luck's For Losers

"This place is...crowded," Shinso grimaced as the two of you guided your class through the horde of fans and the entrance of the stadium.

"What did you expect?" You chuckled. "It's the U.A Sports Festival, Toshi. Don't be shocked if more people show up. Now let's go. We're already running behind. They're probably gonna start announcing soon."

Your class made it to one of the several doors of the stadium to find the rest of the first year classes chatting as they waited to be called in.

"Excuse me...miss...can I just?"

A voice spoke to you quietly, but, before you could find who the voice belonged to, you felt an abnormally small hand grab your thigh.

You stumbled forward into Shinso, who steadied you by grabbing your shoulder, and you whipped your head around to find an unusually short boy looking up at you as drool dripped down the side of his mouth. He had purple balls stuck to his head as if they were his hair. You cringed at the look on his face, and when he tried to grab for you again, you used your quirk.

Your shot two strings out of your pointer and middle finger, one wrapping around each of his arms before you summoned a third thread on your other hand and used it to spin him around before tying his hands behind his back and lifting him into the air to your level.

"What makes you think that's okay?" You growled at the small boy, who gulped.

"I'm sorry! You're hips, and your thighs, your legs...they're so..." he trailed off and began to fawn over you again as he drooled more.

You cringed and dissolved your strings, grabbing the small boy by the back of his uniform and holding him up higher so he was above the crowd.

"Who owns the tiny pervert with the balls on his head?" You shouted as the boy screamed to be let down.

"Mineta!" A masculine voice shrieked as a navy haired boy with glasses pushed his way through the crowd and toward you.

"Excuse me, can you please put my classmate down?" The boy asked politely.

"Your classmate laid his hands on me. Keep him on a leash will ya?" You replied, tossing the boy named Mineta at the other male who simply let him l fall to the floor. Mineta scrambled away and disappeared in the crowd, the taller boy following with a sigh.

"You okay?" Shinso asked as he placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm fine," you exhaled, placing your hand on your mouth and closing your eyes.

"You sure?" He leaned closer to look at your face as he spoke. "I can-"

"I'm fine," you assured, opening your eyes and looking at him. He didn't seem convinced but nodded anyway.

"AUDIENCE, ARE YOU READY TO BEGIN THIS THANG?" Present Mic's voice boomed throughout the stadium. The crowd cheered.

"ALRIGHT! INTRODUCING THE FIRST CLASS OF HERO STUDENTS! IT'S CLASS 1-A!"

You watched as twenty of the kids left the crowd of students and entered the stadium. Slowly but surely, each class was announced one by one until everyone was stationed in the middle of the arena in front of a large stage.

"Uh, is she hosting this thing?" You whispered to Shinso as you watched the one and only pro hero Midnight walked onto the stage with her whip in her hand. "I guess," Shinso replied with a shrug.

"Silence!" The woman demanded as she smacked her whip. "We will begin with our first year representative! Please come up here, Katsuki Bakugo."

You watched as a blonde boy with an irritated yet somehow calm expression made his way through the crowd and up onto the stage.

Stepping up to the mic, he stated, "I just wanna say...I'm gonna win." He seemed extremely confident, and you liked it. It meant better competition.

"Don't get too cocky!" A silver haired boy with pale eyelashes shouted from the front of the crowd as the audience began to boo the blond, who walked off stage completely unfazed and made his way back to his spot.

"Now," Midnight began as she made her way back into the stage, "let's see what your first challenge will be!"

She raised her whip to the large screen above her head, which spun a casino-like slot machine. It eventually stopped, reading 'OBSTACLE COURSE' in bold letters.

"Obstacle course!" The r-rated hero read aloud. "You will run an obstacle course of 4 kilometers around the exterior of the arena, starting at that entrance!" She pointed to one of the doors. "Take your places!"

"What're you gonna do?" Shinso spoke as the mob of students made their way over to the entrance, the first buzzer going off once everyone was stationed.

"Probably just wing it," you shrugged. "Not much I can do with my power. I'll just run and use my quirk to pick me up if I fall. Besides, I don't need to finish first. I just can't finish last."

The second buzzer sounded as the doors slowly began to open. Students began to brace themselves. Some crouched as if they were about to run and others leaned into different stances as if they were ready to use their quirks.

"Good luck," Shinso said to you as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Won't need it," you cracked your knuckles with a smirk as the final buzzer sounded, and everyone bolted.

[EDITED]