Chapter 20 // Exercise

The internship ended quicker than it started. At least, that's what it felt like to you because, before you knew it, you were packing your bags, saying farewell to Best Jeanist, and heading back toward home on a train with Bakugo.

You glanced at Bakugo, who was squished beside you as the seats were overly crowded. He stared ahead angrily, clearly displeased by the circumstances of things.

"We weren't walking," you stated aloud, recalling how Bakugo said earlier that he wanted to walk back rather than take the train, which would've taken four times as long.

"We could've. You're just lazy," Bakugo claimed.

"I am not," you replied while managing a small chuckle. "It's common sense. The train will get us home twice as fast, probably more."

"Ever heard of "exercise?'" Bakugo questioned.

"Ever heard of, "we have school tomorrow and I'm already sore enough from saving the city from a villain, so I don't want my legs to be jelly by the time we have to go back to school tomorrow"?" you asked in response, and Bakugo pursed his lips in frustration.

"Don't pull the villain card," he said.

"If I have a card, I will use it, especially against you," you replied while smirking.

As the train stopped to accept more passengers and allow some off, you instinctively scooted closer to Bakugo to allow even the slightest bit more room as a crowd of citizens flooded into the train. They' either found an empty seat or stood, and, as soon as the doors were closed, the train began to move again.

You watched skeptically as a tall and slightly overweight man, most likely in his mid to late thirties, averted his eyes to you from where he was standing near the door. You scooted closer to Bakugo as he approached. However, instead of speaking to your or pursing you in any sort of way, he simply sat down beside you in one of the few empty seats that were left.

'I need to stop being paranoid about the little things,' you thought while averting your attention to Bakugo, who was on his phone. You noticed he was playing some sort of game.

"What're you playing?" you asked, both bored and curious as you leaned closer. Bakugo shot you a quick look before focusing back on his phone.

"Plants Verse Zombies," he answered shortly, extending his phone toward so you could see the game better. "I can't get past this damn level."

You hummed while observing the screen, noting his strategies and where he placed each of his plants.

"Put an explosive plant on every other square in every other row," you suggested. "That way, you can put some stuff in between, and each bomb will set off each other while also covering a larger range."

Bakugo glanced between you and his phone screen as you spoke. He soon did what you stated, placing an explosive plant on every other square in every other row while throwing some other things in between. You watched as he hit "start," and the zombie horde appeared from the right side of the screen.

You stared intently at the screen as the plants slowly demolished each and every zombie, eventually giving Bakugo the win in the end and allowing him to move to the next stage.

You smiled, about to brag about your skill over his, but your pleased expression quickly disappeared when a hand brushed against your clothed thigh, causing you to whip your head around and look at the suspicious man sitting on your left, who looked away and moved his hands to his lap when you turned.

You pushed yourself against Bakugo's left side, your hands subconsciously coming up to grab at his arm as you slowly pulled your eyes away from the man.

"Is there a reason you're touching me?" Bakugo asked in annoyance.

"Can you not be an asshole for two seconds?" you questioned, your voice quiet and shaky.

Bakugo clearly noticed your sudden mood change. He sat up from his slouched position, and you craned your head back to look up at him as he stared down at you in confusion.

"What's wrong with you?" he replied, confused and somewhat concerned in his own little way.

You glanced over your shoulder at the man on your other side, who you found once again staring at you, his right hand ever so slightly reaching out toward your leg. You felt Bakugo shift beside you, and you looked back at him to find him leaning forward to get a better view of the man as he stared at him skeptically.

"The hell you doin'?" Bakugo asked, causing the man to glance between the two of you. He eventually grinned.

"Sorry," he began creepily as he leaned closer, causing you to push yourself further against Bakugo. "I didn't know she was taken."

"We're not dating," Bakugou responded quickly, a little too quickly for your liking.

"Oh, so she's free then?" the man questioned. The smile on his face made you uncomfortable, and you folded your left leg over your right when he reached out his hand toward you.

"Back off, you fucking creep!" Bakugo snapped, swatting at the man's hand as he stood. His volume gained the attention of some bystanders.

"Bakugo," you started while standing. You placed a hand on his chest to keep a distance between him and the man. You'd gladly let the blond pummel the creep if you weren't in public and trapped in a moving vehicle.

"You gonna let him treat you like that?" Bakugo asked angrily. "I sure as hell ain't."

"Let it be," you stated. "Let's just get off at the next stop and walk the rest of the way back."

"If you're unhappy here, I can watch over the girl while you get off," the man seated stated.

"You fucking-" Bakugo growled in frustration, stepping forward. You pushed him back, not wanting to further cause a scene.

"Bakugo, calm down," you commanded, but your words only seemed to anger the boy more.

"Calm down?" he huffed. "This prick fucking touched you."

"I know," you assured, your palm still pressed against his upper chest, "but, please, leave it. Come on."

You grabbed Bakugo's hand and dragged him to another location of the train, a spot far away from the creep trying to pursue you.

You grabbed onto a nearby pole to keep your balance as you looked up at Bakugo, who was still glaring back at the man.

"Bakugo," you said. "It's fine."

Bakugo huffed as he turned and looked down at you. His eyes scanned over your face, seemingly trying to decipher what you were feeling.

"I hate people like that," he eventually stated, and you managed a small smile.

"I'm sure they hate you too," you responded shortly before doors of the train slid open after the vehicle has stopped.

"Come on," you said, taking his hand once more. "Let's get some exercise."

[EDITED]