Chapter 16 // Things Happen

A warm sensation upon your face brought you out of your deep sleep. It tickled your skin, and you scrunched your nose before slowly opening your eyes, blinking a few times to adjust your vision.

You immediately shrunk back when you saw Bakugo's face inches in front of yours, his lips parted and each breath he took fanning across your skin. His legs were tangled with yours and one arm was draped over your shoulders while the other was beneath his head. Your arms, somehow, were still wrapped around his waist. You don't know how you managed to hold onto him for the entire night, but you weren't going to question it.

Finding yourself slightly overwhelmed with how close the two of you were, you slowly shifted back a few inches before unraveling yourself from Bakugo and propping yourself up on your elbow so you could see the clock on your nightstand.

9:34 A.M.

Your eyes widened.

"Shit," you couldn't help but curse.

Best Jeanist had reminded you and Bakugo before the previous day's patrol had ended to get up by 8 A.M and meet him in his office. He made it very clear that he wasn't going to be anyones alarm and that the two of you should get used to waking up on your own for the next week, and he also made it very clear he wasn't going to wait to leave. It was your fault. You had been too busy talking with Bakugo to set the alarm.

"Bakugo, wake up!" you shouted near the boy's ear, causing him to wince in his sleep before he slowly began to awaken. You jumped over his body in order to quickly get off the bed and grab your costume.

"What the hell are you screaming for?" Bakugo asked tiredly. Although, there was anger and annoyance evident in his voice.

"We're late, really late," you said as you slipped on your pants before grabbing Bakugo's costume from where it laid draped across footboard of the boy's bed and throwing it at him.

"I thought we set an alarm," Bakugo said, huffing in frustration as he crawled out of your bed and began to get dressed. You rolled your eyes.

"I was going to," you replied, "but, believe it or not, you're a very distracting person."

"Oh, yeah, blame me," Bakugo said, scoffing as he tugged on his boots, tying the strings tightly.

"Shut up," you replied, yet you grinned a little as you pulled on the rest of your costume before shoving your phone into you pocket.

"Let's go, Poppy!"

"Don't boss me around, Mighty Mouse!"

You were surprised to see Best Jeanist sitting behind his desk when you and Bakugo arrived at his office. You expected to run into his assistant and find him already gone, but, no, he was there, and he lifted his head to look at the two of you when you entered.

"You're over an hour and a half late," Beat Jeanist said, sighing.

"And you said you'd leave if we weren't here," you said, almost panting.

"That was just to push you to get up on time," Jeanist said, standing, "and clearly it didn't work. I will not wait tomorrow."

"Whatever," Bakugo groaned. "Just tell us what we're doing today."

"I have business to tend to with another agency," Jeanist said. "You two will stay here and train in the training grounds on the other side of the building. It for interns to use only, so you shouldn't be interrupted."

"So we're doing what we do every day at school?" you questioned, watching as Best Jeanist shoved an unidentifiable object into his pocket before rounding his desk.