Chapter 34 // A Plan

You stared at the ceiling, daydreaming about nothing in particular as you fiddled with the bandage on your thigh.

It was the next day after the attack on the training camp. Ambulances had escorted you and anyone else who was severely injured to the hospital, those people consisting of you with your stab wound, Midoriya was his numerous broken bones, and Momo with head trauma.

The fight had also ripped your back stitches, but you supposed you hadn't noticed due to the adrenaline. Jirou and Hagakure were also at the hospital, but that was only because they were still unconscious from some gas they'd been exposed to from one of the villains.

Your ears perked at the sound of the door opening, but you didn't make an attempt to see who it was until fifteen of your classmates were surrounding your bed. It would've been sixteen if Bakugo hadn't been taken.

"Hey, guys," you said, your voice hoarse as you hadn't talked since your parents came in earlier that morning.

"How're your wounds?" Uraraka asked.

"Fine, I guess," you replied with a small cough. "They re-stitched the one on my back and stitched and bandaged the new one. I'll be fine. How are the others?"

"Momo's doing good. Her head seems to be fine. Jirou and Hagakure are still out," Kirishima said, "but we came here to tell you something actually."

You slowly sat up at that, curious as to what was going to come out of the redheads mouth next. Mina was quick to move and stuff some pillows under your back for support to which you shot her a small smile for.

"We wanna get Bakugo back," Kirishima continued. "Momo stuck a tracker on one of the villains last night. Me and Todoroki overheard yesterday when we came by. Only a few of us want to do it. We already talked to Midoriya. I think he's in. I hope you'll come with us."

You looked around the room. Some poeple's expression blatantly told their decision. Iida clearly wanted to leave the saving to the pros. You could tell by the distraught and angry look on his face. Tsuyu and Aoyama were huddled close behind him, telling you they also agreed with him. Uraraka simply looked sad, telling you she hadn't made up her mind yet. Everyone else seemed indecisive. Kirishima and Todoroki both looked determined, telling you they were both onboard with saving Bakugo themselves.

"I suppose I have to go," you said with a small sigh. "It's my fault Bakugo got taken in the first place. Even if I hate him right now, I still owe him."

"[L/N]," Todoroki began, "what happened to Bakugo wasn't your fault."

"It was," you disagreed. "He found me when Toga attacked me. We argued, and I left first. I should've dragged him with me no matter how much he didn't wanna go back, but I didn't. If I would've, he wouldn't have been taken."

"You don't know that," Mina said. "Anything could've happened."

"Even so," you started. "It was my fault before that."

"How?" Kaminari asked. "None of us could've predicated that the villains would attack."

"I could've," you replied as he looked down at your lap. "Shigaraki was the one who threatened at the mall, who stabbed me." Upon your confession, everyone fell silent.

"He told me that if I were to ever interfere with his plans, he'd kill me, or, he'd kill Bakugo," you continued. "I knew Bakugo was a target before that attack, and I still didn't do anything. All I did was argue with his like a child and leave him there alone."

"You knew he was a target," Iida suddenly spoke, his voice harsh, "and you didn't tell anyone?"

"I told Aizawa," you snapped back, "and...Shinso."

"Wait, you told Shinso and not us?" Uraraka asked.

"He was on call with me when it happened. It's not like I couldn't tell him," you replied. "It's doesn't even matter anyway. He's pissed at me right now. Besides, Midoriya didn't tell any one of you Shigaraki threatened him as well. What difference does it make with me?"

"He's been with us longer."

Iida's words hit a nerve, and you snapped your head toward him, anger evident on your face. You narrowed your eyes, nostrils flared.

"Iida," Asui gasped.

"That's enough," Todoroki said before looking at you. "Why were you and Bakugo even arguing in the first place?" You looked away and out the window that gave you a view of the busy city outside.

"It's none of your business," you mumbled out.

"It is now," the dual haired boy replied. "Whether any of us like it or not, we're involved with the league now. It's us against them until one of us goes down, and we have to communicate with each other. Just tell us."

"It doesn't matter!" you spat as you stood. "I don't get why any of you care. None of you want me here anyway."

"[L/N]-" Mina reached out to you as she spoke, but you smacked her hand away, causing her to flinch and step back.

"Me and Bakugo were both targets," you stated, huffing as you tore your IV out of your arm and avoided the droplets of blood that came out of the puncture wound as you grabbed the spare clothes that were sitting on the table beside your bed. "It was either him or me," you continued as you proceeded to change, ignoring the fact that the entirety of your class was there to see you in your undergarments. "I'll make a trade, tell them they can have me if they release Bakugo."

"[L/N], stop acting irrationally," Kirishima said quickly as he moved to block the door.

"Kirishima," you said, your face hardening as your eyes darkened, "get out of my way."

"We're not gonna let you do this," Todoroki stated. "We wanna save Bakugo too, but this isn't the way to do it. We'll get a receiver for the tracker from Momo, and we'll go save Bakugo together."

"I don't know if you've noticed," you began slowly as you turned toward Todoroki, "but I don't work with any people other than Bakugo. Have you ever seen me hang out with someone other than him, communicate with someone other than him?"

"That's why we need you to come with us," Kirishima said. "Bakugo only trusts us to an extent, but, if you're there, he'll do anything. I'm pretty sure he'd jump off a cliff if you told him to."

"That might've applied a few weeks ago, but not now," you argued. "I don't know if you've noticed, but ever since I broke down in the mess hall, he hasn't given a shit about me. He's Bakugo. He doesn't care about anyone other than himself."

"Is that why he visited you in the hospital?" Kirishima asked. "Is that why he bought you a new phone, why he let you stay at his house? Did he do all of that because he doesn't care?"

You remained silent.

You didn't understand why Kirishima was saying all of this. You could care about someone at one point, love them, and then have different feeling about them in the future. If that wasn't true, divorce wouldn't be a thing. Breaking up wouldn't be a thing. Peoples feelings changed.

"We need you with us [L/N]," Todoroki stated. "After all, didn't you once say Bakugo was your puppet?"

"God, that was a joke," you scoffed.

"Was it?" the son of Endeavor questioned. "[L/N], there has not been one moment that I have witnessed where Bakugo hasn't listened to you. He may be stubborn, but, if a command came out of your mouth, he's listened."

"Okay, so what?" you questioned. "He's listened to me. Maybe he cared about me at one point, but he only ever showed it when we were alone. If he really cared, he wouldn't act so repulsed by me in front of everyone else."

"Maybe that's because he doesn't like seeming vulnerable in front of people," Todoroki responded, "but, clearly, he doesn't care if he's vulnerable in front of you."

"We need your help [L/N]," Kirishima chimed in, and you glanced between the two boys. "The only way we get Bakugo back is if you're there."

You looked between both the boys once more. They weren't going to give up. They weren't going to give up on Bakugo, and they sure as hell weren't going to give up on you.

"Fine," you agreed while sighing in defeat, "but, if we're doing this, we're doing it my way."

[EDITED]