Chapter 15 // Comfortable

"God, today was like literal daycare." You sighed as you and Bakugo entered your designated room, the blond dragging himself through the door with an annoyed expression.

The two of you had spent most of the day tending to civilians, most kids, in need that didn't require you to use your quirks while Best Jeanist handled any minor problems that required his abilities. You wondered when you'd get to train individually with either Best Jeanist or Bakugo and have the chance to break out your quirk.

"That's one thing we can agree on," Bakugo grumbled as he yanked off his mask before taking off his black and orange hair pieces and tossing them on his nightstand.

You reached up to grab your goggles only to remember that you had given them to that boy, Seijin, so you moved to take off your jacket before pulling off your boots. You almost forgot Bakugo was in the room, but you were quickly reminded when you found him staring at you as you began to strip down to your undergarments.

"Turn around," you said. "You did it before."

Bakugo muttered something incoherent to you and turned to face the wall as he too began to change into more comfortable clothes.

You quickly slipped on some plaid pajama pants and a tank top before taking the time to put your clothes away in the top drawer of the dresser you and Bakugo were bound to end up sharing.

"Is it better?" Bakugo suddenly asked, and you glanced at him, confused. "You're throat," he specified. "Is it better?"

"Oh," you began, "yeah, it's fine. It doesn't hurt. You just left a scar."

"Good," Bakugo replied. "I don't need you slacking 'cause of an injury the next time we fight."

You managed a small grin as you said, "I wouldn't be slacking even with an injury, especially against someone as egotistical as you."

"I'm not egotistical!" Bakugo shouted, earning a laugh from you.

"Confident," you rephrased. "That better?"

Bakugo huffed and scooped his clothes out of his bag in one pile before lazily dropping them in the drawer below yours. He dropped his bag on the ground and kicked it beneath his bed before throwing himself on his mattress and pulling the covers over his body, his back facing you.

You eventually tore your gaze away from him and climbed into your own bed, pulling the sheets up to your neck as you laid your head down on your pillow. You stared at the wall for a moment before closing your eyes.

You found yourself drifting in and out of consciousness every few minutes, but you never stayed asleep, and you knew the exact reason why.

You often held something when you slept. Whether it was a rolled up planet or a cold pillow, you were always holding something. It gave you comfort and helped you fall asleep feeling safe. It was difficult to sleep with your arms empty.

You considered taking your own pillow out from beneath you head, but you only had one, and you needed your head elevated to sleep at all. You tried rolled up one out of two of your covers, and it worked, but you eventually found yourself too cold to sleep, and you huffed in frustrations.

"Wanna stop squirming over there?" Bakugo grumbled from his bed.

"I can't sleep," you replied.

"Not my problem," he stated, and he was right. It wasn't. Why should he be concerned about your sleeping habits?

"Can I have your pillow?" you questioned, and, at that, he pushed himself up on his elbow and turned to look at you, which caused you to flip over onto your other side and face him.

"Why do you want my damn pillow?" Bakugo asked, annoyance evident in his voice.

"I can't fall asleep without holding something," you explained, almost shy as you partially hid your face behind your blankets.

"Use your own," he replied.

"I only have one," you said.

"So do I."

"Be a gentleman."

"Be your own gentleman."

"Thank you for considering me as an independent woman," you began, sarcasm growing in your tone the more you spoke, "but I can't sleep without holding something."

"You're not going stop bothering me, are you?" he questioned.

"Maybe. Maybe not," you replied. "Either way, you'll be annoyed whether I'm talking to you or rustling around because I can't sleep."

Bakugo groaned, craning his head back as he squeezed his eyes shut. You couldn't help but closely observe his position.

"You are such a child," he sighed before throwing the covers off himself. You watched in developing confusion as he grabbed his pillow and stood up. He was at your bedside within three quick steps.

"Move," he said, towering over you, and you rolled onto your back, head sinking into your pillow as you stared up at him.

"Why?" you asked, and he rolled his eyes.

"'Cause I said to," he replied. "Now scoot the fuck over."

You sighed shortly and scooted until your right arm was almost touching the wall. Bakugo tossed his pillow on top of yours before crawling into your bed, adjusting himself so that his back was facing you, and his head rested on the pillows.

"Whatcha doin'?" you asked slowly, propping yourself up on your elbow and peering over his shoulder to get a better look at his face. His eyes were closed and lips were relaxed into a straight line. He seemed much more peaceful when he was sleeping or at least trying to sleep.

"You said you need to hold something, so hold me," he replied. "I'm tired of your whining. I need to sleep, and if that means being stuck in the same bed as you for one night, then fine."

"More like six..." you muttered, and Bakugo lightly kicked your leg beneath the covers.

"Sleep," he said.

You sighed and pressed the side of your head into the pillows, your eyes glued to the back of Bakugo's head.

You had never been the big spoon in cuddling with someone else. You and Shinso often cuddled, more when you were younger, and it was more typical for Shinso to hold you. If you were holding him, he often had his arms wrapped around you at the same time. You and some of the other girls in the class ironically ended up in a cuddle pile during your stay at Mina's, and you ended up with Momo's arm draped over your torso and Uraraka's head laying on your hip. You and never been the big spoon, especially with someone's as easily annoyed as Bakugo.

Exhaling, you maneuvered one arm beneath his left side, which was pressed against he mattress, before draping your other arm over his right hip. You slowly tightened your grip around him as if to avoid triggering an insult or shout from the boy as you pressed your head against his back. The feeling of his body pulsing slowly as he inhaled and exhaled calmed you, and your eyes were closed before you knew it.

It was comfortable.

[EDITED]