Chapter 5 // Chatting With The Enemy

You watched from the crowd as All Might's successor slammed Shinso onto the ground out of bounds, your best friend coughing in response and accepting his defeat. Your eyebrows furrowed as you stared at the scene.

'He barely even used his quirk, and the one time he did he broke his finger,' you thought. 'He's really taught him nothing. This is bullshit. Now the class is counting on me. At least Shinso made it this far though.'

The crowd cheered for Midoriya, and, as Shinso began to walk away, you joined your class as they leaned over the railing and began to praise him for his performance.

"Hey Toshi!" You yelled. Shinso averted his attention to you. "You better cheer for me when I win this thing!" You chuckled.

He replied with a small smirk, and shook his head as he disappeared from the arena. He soon reappeared in the audience and took his seat next to you, but, instead of taking notice to his presence at that moment, you watched Midoriya disappeared from the arena. Your guess was that he was heading to Recovery Girl to treat his broken finger.

"Not gonna go get your back checked?" You questioned as your eyes drifted to Shinso.

"Doesn't hurt that bad," he replied, "and stop being a mom."

"Stop being a mom," you mocked him while lowering your voice to try and match his. "I'll be a mom if I wanna be a mom." You glared at him and took notice to the way he tried to hide his wince as he arched his back slightly. "Go get it checked. Now. My battles not for a few rounds anyway."

Knowing he wouldn't win the argument, he stood up and left the audience, heading to Recovery Girl where he would surely see his past opponent.

You relaxed in your seat and watched at the next battle neared it's beginning. Two people that were unfamiliar to you, but you knew were in the hero course, took their positions across from each other.

You drowned out Present Mic's voice as he began to announce the students and unconsciously allowed your eyes to drift over to where Class 1-A was sitting. Your eyes fell upon the blonde boy you would have the chance to fight if you made it past your first two rounds.

'If I beat him I'll definitely be transferred to the hero course,' you thought as you looked back at the battle.

You didn't even know how his power worked though. You witnessed it during the first two rounds so you knew he could generate explosions, but you didn't know the extent they could go to or if he needed anything to create them such as something external.

'I need more information,' you thought as you stood up. 'All Might's successor has to know something about his quirk. Maybe if I tell him I know All Might he'll tell me something. Maybe I can even get intel on the other two.'

You left the audience and began to wander the halls of the interior of the arena, occasionally looking back to see if the green haired boy had ironically passed behind you at any time. Of course, as soon as you turned around from glancing behind you, you ran directly into the boy, causing both of you to stumble back.

"I'm sorry!" Midoriya shrieked. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," you assured, blinking a few times as you rubbed your temple before looking at the boy. "Just the person I'm looking for."

"M-me?" He stuttered.

"Yeah. Stop stuttering. It's kinda annoying," you commented as you shoved your hands into the pockets of your uniform.

"Sorry," he apologized while looking down at the floor. "Do you need me for something?" He looked back up at you, hugging his bandaged, broken finger close to his chest.

"I wanna talk," you explained. "I know your secret."

His eyes widened, and his lips parted in disbelief. He whipped his head around to see if there were any eyes watching. "You know about All Might?" He questioned quietly.

"About him? I know him," you replied and leaned against the wall. Midoriya gave you a curious expression, his eyebrows arching as he tilted his head to the side.

"You know All Might?" He asked, and you nodded.

"He saved me from being assaulted by a mugger years ago," you informed while looking up at the ceiling. "Tried to be the hero. Didn't work out. He happened to be there. I managed to catch a glimpse of him before he transformed. He gave me the same offer he gave you."

"He offered you his power?" He asked, and once again, you nodded.

"Obviously, I didn't take it," you continued. "That's the difference between us. I wanted to win with my own power. Not one that was given to me out of pity."

"Well, if I didn't take it I wouldn't be able to use my own power," Midoriya said. "I was quirkless. That's a different between you and me. You had a choice. I didn't. If I didn't take it then I would never become a hero."

"Got guts," you told him. "You always break your bones like that?" You looked down at his broken finger.

"At first, yeah," he admitted and scratched the back of his neck. "I used to damage my entire arms and legs. I've been able to limit it to smaller things like my fingers, but I guess that's still not necessarily good."

"Well, I sure as hell wouldn't wanna break my bones daily. You're strong in that aspect," you responded while blowing your hair out of your face. "I wanna know something," you added. Midoriya stared at you and waited for you to continue as he pivoted on his feet.

"Tell me more about that angry blond in your class," you demanded, looking into his eyes as your jaw clenched.

"Kacchan?" He questioned.

"Kacchan? Thought his name was Bakugo," you replied with furrowed brows.

"It's what I call him," he explained.

"So you're friends?" You questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Kinda," he replied. "We grew up together, but now we're sort of rivals."

"But you still know about him, enough about him to tell me about his quirk, right?" You asked as you leaned closer to him. He gulped.

"W-well yeah," he admitted sheepishly. "You wanna know about him you said?"

"Yeah," you leaned off the wall and walked closer to him, causing him to crane his head back while his body stayed still, "and why don't you tell me about the pink girl and bird boy too?"

[EDITED]