Chapter 46 // Your Name

I broke my toe 💀
————————————————-

Every morning you woke up without Bakugo, you were cold. You were used to waking up with his warm hand enveloping yours. Now you were just cold.

Everything was quiet expect for when the nurses came to check your vitals or give you food, but, as time went on, you were able to get up and walk around without supervision.

You didn't move into the dorms with everyone else. You simply asked your parents to drop your stuff off, saying you'd set up your room once you went back to school.

As much as you wanted to see your classmates, you didn't want to face Bakugo yet. You missed him, Shinso too, but you needed the space, the isolation. It helped you think.

By the end of month one, the same time everyone went back to school, you were back to waking. You had a slight limp and occasionally had to stop to catch your breath, but you were waking.

By a month and a half, your speech had gotten better. You were no longer stuttering, but you did develop a small tic disorder. However, the doctor said it was most likely fade away with time.

By the end of your scheduled two month recovery, you were completely better. The only impairments you left the hospital with was your newfound tic disorder and many scars that were, unfortunately, permanent.

Now, you sat in the passenger seat of your mother's car as she pulled up to U.A High School.

You pulled down the mirror above your head and observed your face. Your eyes had a slight translucent film to them, an effect of the explosion. It was unnoticeable unless someone was looking at your eyes very closely. You could still see, but your doctor said you may need to get glasses or contacts in a few years time.

The most visible scar you had was still the one Bakugo gave you at the sports festival, but you had a few more branching out of the neckline of your uniform, which also traveled down your chest and eventually led to the scars on your stomach left from Toga's knife. You had some more that were hidden, but they didn't matter to you as much as the visible ones.

"Call me if you want to be picked up early for any reason," your mother said as she put the car in park.

"I'll be fine," you promised. "I'll get all the work I missed, schedule some extra training hours, and talk with Bakugo and Shinso."

"Okay," your mother nodded. "Remember, if all goes wrong, you can always get with a girl. Women are better than men sometimes. We've been over this. Why do you think I wear the pants in the relationship?"

You laughed and shook your head at your mother's response, saying, "trust me, those two know what to do and not do around me at this point. I'll be fine:"

You stepped out of the car and tossed your bag over your shoulder before waving your mom goodbye and turning toward the school.

Everyone had been back to school a month ago. They probably got back to a normal routine already. You hoped your presence wouldn't change much.

You hadn't seen anyone other than your parents over the past month and a half or so. Some of your classmates like Midoriya and Mina had texted to check in, but, other than that, today would be your first time seeing any of them, even Bakugo and Shinso, in almost two months.

When you pulled open the front doors of the school and stepped inside, you weren't shocked to find every pair of eyes glued to you immediately, so you ignored them and continued to your homeroom.

You could hear chatter and laughter behind Class 1-A's door when you arrived. Silhouettes could be seen through the translucent slabs of glass embedded into the wood. You exhaled deeply before sliding open the door.