Chapter 36 // Dead Ends?

"How're you feeling?" Midoriya asked from beside you. You averted your attention from the window of the train to him.

"Okay," you said. "My wounds don't hurt as much as I thought they would. What about you? You broke, like, everything."

Midoriya chuckled as he replied with, "I'm good. I've gotten used to it. Plus, the adrenaline helps." You nodded.

"Hey," he continued, "what did happen that night I found you in the woods, the night you were crying?"

You tensed as you looked back out the window, staring at the busy cities passing by and the starry sky.

"You don't have to tell me," the boy addd quickly. "I'm just curious."

"It's fine," you assured. "Shinso...he told me he loved me as in he wanted to be in a relationship with me, but he knew I loved Bakugo. Still, he told me. We haven't talked since then. I don't know if he wants to hear from me, but I wanna give him space."

"That's a lot to take in at once," Midoriya said gently. "I think you're stronger than you realize."

"I think we all are," you smiled. "It's not easy being in the hero course. I've realized that. We get through it though. We'll get through this."

"Yeah," Midoriya sighed. "We're gonna save Kacchan."

¥¥¥

When the six of you stepped off the train, the city was bustling, loud, and decorative. You were now in a whole other part of Japan. You were no longer near home.

"Alright," Kirishima sighed, "let's find a costume store."

"Everything's packed," you said while looking around. Despite the fact that it was nighttime, the stores were crowded. You supposed it was normal since you were in the heart of the city. "We don't have time to wait in a line for two hours."

"Did you forget we're practically famous?" Momo asked. "Our faces have been on TV, especially you," she nudged you with her elbow. "People will let us through."

"Wait, I'm not gonna bait!" you exclaimed as Kirishima and Momo began to push you toward the nearest costume store.

"Sorry, [L/N]," Kirishima chuckled. "Someone's gotta be the sacrifice."

"No, no, no," you rushed out with a whine as your friends shoved you through the doors of the store. Everyone in the building looked your way upon hearing the commotion.

"Hey, it's that steampunk girl!"

"She's the one who flipped that big villain!"

"She's cute!"

"Scratch that. She's hot!"

"Can I get an autograph?"

'Aw, man,' you thought as the civilians began to swarm you.

You glanced over your shoulder to find your friends walking in. They easily slipped past the distracted crowd and proceeded to look for disguises.

'I hate you,' you mouthed to Kirishima, who simply sent you a quick thumbs up.

You ended up having to take a bunch of pictures, autograph a bunch of belongings, and entertain interested boys. The distraction worked long enough for the boys and Momo to buy enough clothing and accessories for all six of you. They slipped out of the store unnoticed.

"Alright, alright," you said as you waved your hands. "It was nice meeting you, but I've gotta now. You have a nice night, buh bye now."

"Wait!" the voice of a child yelled, and you look downward to see a small, brunette boy staring up at you. "Can you do a flip?"