Chapter 56 // Taken

"That's fucking bullshit!"

"No, it's a banana peel, which you slipped on because you're terrible at this game."

"Fucking unbelievable," Bakugo muttered under his breath before handing over his controller to Todoroki, who sat beside him on the couch. "Icyhot, take the damn controller."

Todoroki hesitantly took the controller from Bakugo and looked down at the object in his hands in confusion.

"What're all the buttons for?" he asked. "How do you play?"

"Here, man, I got ya," Kirishima said before standing up from his spot on the floor and moving to sit beside Todoroki. He quickly began showing him how the buttons worked.

"You seriously just got worked up over Mairo Kart," you chuckled from your spot in Bakugo's lap.

At your teasing, he lightly pinched your hip using the arm that was wrapped around your waist.

"Be lucky it wasn't Uno. I wouldn't broke the whole damn table," the blond scoffed. "That game pisses me off."

"Everything pisses you off," you replied while childishly sticking out your tongue.

"You two are disgustingly cute," Mina commented with a fake gag. "Sero, date me!"

"Mina, you can't just go around asking people to date you just because you're lonely," Kaminari said, which earned him a slap on the head from the mutant.

"I'm not lonely! I'm an independent woman with a liking for affection!" Mina exclaimed, causing majority of the class to erupt in laughter as Denki rubbed the back of his head.

You smiled as you leaned back, draped an arm over Bakugo's shoulders, and rested your head in the crevasse of his neck.

You didn't want this happiness to end, but, unfortunately, it was going to. You'd soon leave for America and be forced to cut off everyone you loved, so you wanted to take time to cherish moments like these.

"[L/N]!" you heard Aizawa call from the kitchen. "Take out the trash!"

"Can I veto?" you yelled back.

"You're on house arrest! It's your job!" your teacher shouted in return.

"Can I bribe someone else to do it?"

"I don't care as along as someone takes out the trash!"

You looked down at Bakugo, who scoffed, already knowing what you were thinking, and he clearly wasn't having it.

"I picked up everyone's trash for four days on house arrest," he stated.

"Fine," you rolled your eyes with an exaggerated sigh as you stood up. "Try not to miss me too much." Bakugo rolled his eyes with a small smirk.

You headed to the kitchen, passing Aizawa on the way, who had been in there to get a drink before heading back to his office, and grabbed the garbage bag sitting near the doorway.

You tossed it over your shoulder before heading outside using the front doors and walking a few feet to the road where the garbage cans were.

After dropping the bag in the can and putting the lid back on, you turned around and began walking back toward the dorms.

woosh!

You perked up at the sound of a sharp breeze and whipped around to find the source of the noise, but you saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Still, you picked up your pace to get to the doors faster. You didn't reach the doors before a sudden aching spiked in your head and darkness overtook you.

¥¥¥

Bakugo became suspicious when you didn't return after two minutes. It didn't take that long to throw away some trash.

The boy immediately stood up and headed for the front doors, and, as soon as he stepped outside and into the cool breeze of the night, he knew something was wrong.

You were nowhere to be seen, and a familiar phone, the one that Bakugo had bought you after Shigaraki stabbed you, laid on the ground.

Bakugo quickly picked up your phone before searching the entire front lawn. He found you nowhere. There wasn't even any evidence of what happened. All that was left was your phone.

"Sensei!" Bakugo screamed as he rushed back into the dorms, which immediately caused Aizawa to come bursting out of his office.

"What? What happened?" the man questioned.

"[L/N]'s gone," Bakugo answered frantically before holding up your phone. "She's fucking gone! All that was out there was her damn phone."

Aizawa snatched the phone from the boy's hand and examined it closely. There were no massive scratches or cracks. It was just a bit dirty, which signified you probably didn't put up much of a fight, and your phone most likely just happened to slip out of your pocket. There was a heavy chance you were drugged or knocked out.

"God dammit," Aizawa cursed gruffly before looking at Bakugo. "I'm going to the police station. Stay here. Lock the doors after I leave. I want no one leaving this building."

"You can't expect us to do nothing!" Bakugo shouted as Aizawa rushed past him and toward the front doors. "I'm not gonna sit here and do nothing!"

"You do as I tell you!" Aizawa yelled. "Stay here, lock the doors, and do not open them for anyone but me. I'll be back."

Bakugo released an angry huff, yet he still locked the doors as soon as Aizawa was gone. He may have been angry, but he wasn't stupid.

He had no idea where you were, who took you, why you were taken, or the motivation behind your kidnapping. He had nowhere to start even if he wanted to go out there and look for you.

"Kacchan?" Midoriya questioned as he appeared from the lounge, having heard the commotion like everyone else. "What's wrong?"

"[L/N]..." Bakugou choked out, gripping the handles of the front doors until his knuckles turned white, "...she's gone. Someone took her."

[EDITED]