Chapter 51 // Work Studies Presented By The Big Three

"Today, we'll be doing something a bit different," Aizwa stated as everyone settled into their seats.

"May I ask something, Sensei?" Asui questioned, to which Aizawa silently nodded. "Could you explain work studies a bit more? We heard about it a bit at the opening ceremony, but we haven't talked about it much, and some of us weren't there like [L/N], Bakugo, and Midoriya."

You understood why you weren't there. You were still in the hospital, but what was the reason Bakugo and Midoriya didn't show?

"Momo," you whispered the girl's name, who sat in front of you. "Why weren't Bakugo and Midoriya at the opening ceremony?"

"Oh," Momo replied as she glanced at you over her shoulder. "They were on house arrest and cleaning the dorms. They got in a fight the night prior, and Aizawa punished them with a few days of house arrest."

"Thanks," you nodded at her while leaning back in your seat.

'House arrest,' you thought while leaning to the side to peer over at Bakugo and Midoriya. 'Can those two ever stay out of trouble?'

"I'm actually glad you asked this, Tsu. It's actually what we're talking about today," Aizawa said in response to Asui's question. "In simple terms, it's hero work outside of school. It's a more immersive version of the internships you've already done with pro heroes."

"Then what was the point of the sports festival to obtain internships if we were already guaranteed this opportunity?" Uraraka asked.

"Because you'll be using your networking connections from your internships to secure your hero work studies," Aizawa explained, "and it was a chance for students like [L/N] to get a shot at more than just General Studies. The work studies are also all at your discretion to start and unrelated to classes here. Those of you who didn't get scouted at the sports festival will have a harder time finding positions. The way it used to be was that every agency in the country would seek out applicants, but the competition to win over U.A students caused many issues. That's why things are the way they are now. It makes everything more fair. Also, you're provisional hero license's that you've earned will guarantee you a more in-depth experience when it comes to stuff like this."

"Question," you said while raising your hand.

"Yes, [L/N]?" Aizawa nodded.

"Do the heroes we ourselves choose to seek out to work with include underground heroes?" you asked. "Do we have to go with a top hero or one that's in the spot light?"

"You can choose to seek out underground heroes," your teacher replied, "but it may be a bit difficult. Most underground heroes don't have agencies anymore such as me. I used to run one in my early twenties, but I decided even that was too much attention. You can explore your work studies with an underground hero, but it may initially be difficult to even convince them to become your mentor in the first place."

A knock on the door silenced the class, and Aizawa said, "come in," before focusing his attention back on the topic of the conversation. "Here to teach you how work studies differ form internships are some who've gone out there and experienced it all."

The door slid open, and three students, who were clearly upperclassman, walked in, two boys and one girl. Two of them seemed rather enthusiastic, but one of the boys was quite drawn back as he avoided eye contact and stayed slouched.

"The Big Three, U.A's best of the best," Aizawa elaborated. "They've taken time out of their busy schedules to be here, so give them your full attention. Let's begin with introductions. Amajiki, start us off."

The once shy boy's expression suddenly hardened, and he sent a glare across the classroom as if someone has just threatened him.

'Intense,' you thought shortly.