Chapter 26 // Darkness

"Break off into pairs," Aizawa stated when everyone entered the mall. "Try your best to complete the requirements on the camp packing guide. This place is big, so I expect us to be here for a few hours. We can meet in the food court near noon for lunch."

The class immediately disappeared and broke off into pairs or small groups, and some of them were predictable; Sero, Kirishima, Mina, and Jirou; Shoji, Koda, Tokoyami, Sato; Aoyama, Ojiro, Hagakure; Momo, Asui, Iida, Toodorki; Kaminari and Mineta; Deku and Uraraka.

With everyone already in decided groups, you and Bakugo were left alone as they went on their own ways.

"So..." you trailed off as you turned to the blond. "Breakfast?"

Bakugo let out a noise that was seemingly a mix between a sigh and a grunt as he turned and began to walk toward the food court. Taking his somewhat verbal reply as a, "yes," you proceeded to follow him.

"Whaddya want?" Bakugo asked when the two of you stepped into the food court. You looked around at the dozens of the options surrounding you.

"Chicken," you eventually said aloud, "definitely chicken. We're getting chicken. Come on."

You grabbed Bakugo's hand before he could disagree or protest and dragged him over to the closest food vendor that sold chicken.

"What can I get for you?" the employee standing behind the cash register asked when you approached.

"I'll have the chicken tenders with ranch on the side and a Pepsi," you replied before turning to Bakugo.

"I'll do the same, but make it your spiciest sauce and a coke," the blond said, and the man nodded before putting your order into the system.

"1305.06," the worker stated.

Before you could grab any cash from your bag, Bakugo opened his wallet and pulled out the desired amount before handing it to the man.

"Your food will be right out," the employee promised.

You and Bakugo stepped side so the people behind you could order, and you looked at Bakugo, smiling as you said, "thanks for paying." Bakugo simply hummed in response.

An employee soon stepped forward and set your food on the counter, which you grabbed, muttering out a quick, "thank you," before heading over to the nearest empty table with Bakugo following closely behind you.

When you sat down, you removed each of your meals from the tray and slid Bakugo's food over to his side of the table as the boy sat down across from you.

"I'm starving," you sighed as you began eating.

The two of you ate in silence, but the noise of chattering civilians and sprinting children kept the situation from becoming too awkward.

You perked up when your phone began to ring, and you quickly answered the call to avoid your ringtone becoming too annoying to those around you. You managed to catch the ID name, "Toshi," as you held the device up to your ear.

"Hey, Toshi," you said after rapidly chewing the food that had been in your mouth. "What's up?"

"Hey, I was thinking we could go see a movie today. There's a new horror film that was released yesterday," Shinso explained, and you licked your lips as you glanced over at Bakugo, who was staring at you curiously as he devoured his own meal.

"Yeah, that's sounds nice, but I'm actually out right now," you explained. "I probably won't be home until later. Is there any showtimes for tonight?"

"I think latest is nine o'clock, but I don't wanna be out that late," Shinso replied. "There's one at two."