Chapter 29 // Reluctant Tears

You looked around as the chaos began. Pixie-Bob continued to use her Earth Flow quirk to disrupt the structure of the ground and create boulder-like monsters that soon began to attack the students.  

"[L/N]," Aizawa said, gaining your attention as the rest of the class proceeded to begin fighting, some activating their quirks and others simply making a run for it.

"You're not participating in this exercise," your teacher continued. "You're still recovering. I want to be able to monitor you. We'll meet everyone at the lodge." Aizawa turned toward the bus, the Pussycats following him as they chatted quietly.

You whipped your head toward the tree line where you saw Bakugo using his quirk to destroy one of Pixie-Bob's rock creatures.

What if he was hurt? What if he was taken? What if that villain who attacked you came back and decided to take a shot at him? They had no problem threatening you until the middle of a crowded mall, so who's to say they wouldn't strike now? They were in the middle of the mountains, the only heroes around being Aizawa and the Pussycats. They were far from the city, secluded. They might as well have been helpless.

Glancing back at Aizawa, who had boarded the bus with the Pussycats, your expression grew more worried. He was just going to leave them in the woods? He was going to leave Bakugo in the woods knowing the blond was a target?

You opened your mouth with the intention of calling Bakugo's name, but, between your indecisive mind and his busy status with the rock monsters, you couldn't get a word out. You instead took the chance to catch him before he could make it too far into the woods.

"[L/N]! God, why do kids not listen?"

You would normally chuckle at Aizawa's remark, but you were too determined to get to Bakugo.

The blond whipped his head around in confusion when your hands clumsily wrapped around his left bicep and began to tug him back toward the bus.

"I'm not a damn dog! Stop dragging me!" Bakugo shouted, grunting as you continued to pull him toward the bus despite his protests.

"[L/N]," Aizawa began as he stepped off the bus."

"Can he stay with me?" you asked quietly, preventing the hero from continuing as you forced Bakugo to stay by your side by keeping your fingers wrapped around his arm tightly. Bakugo glanced between the two of you, confused.

"Bakugo is perfectly capable of participating in this training exercise," Aizawa replied. "There's no reason as to why he needs to sit out."

You looked at the ground, tightening your grasp on Bakugo's bicep. How could he not see it? There was an evident problem. You and Bakugo were both targets. Sending either of you out without proper supervision was a stupid idea.

"That villain who stabbed me is still out there," you eventually said. "He threatened me and Bakugo. We're both targets."

"No one going to attack us out here. We're secluded," Aizawa assured, "and we both know everyone in this class is capable of protecting themselves if a villain attack were to happen."

"But-"

"[L/N]," Aizawa interrupted, his voice stern yet comforting, "Bakugo is neither injured, ill, or incapable of moving. It's vital that everyone commits as much as possible. You're sitting out because you're recovering. I understand you're concerned, but, I assure you nothing will happen. If something like a villain attack does occur, I'm sure everyone can say Bakugo will have no trouble making it through. He's not one of my top students for nothing."

You knew he was right, but you were stubborn. Besides, you felt safer with Bakugo around whether or not there was evident danger around. You slept better with him. You laughed better with him. You operated better with him. He helped you think. He helped you develop. He helped you understand. All that would go away if something bad happened to him. You didn't even want to think about it. However, you knew better than to argue with Aizawa let alone Bakugo.