Chapter 55 // Never Okay

The incident at Gym Gamma was kept on the down low. No one knew the major details expect for the police, heroes, Todoroki, and you. By the time the next morning came, it was a forgotten event.

Now you were sat at lunch trying to figure out what agency you wanted to attend for your work studies.

Aizawa stated earlier that morning that a conference was held the day prior after school about protential work studies for first years, and most teachers, even the principal, said it wasn't a good idea. However, some thought that the overprotective direction U.A was going in wouldn't foster stronger heroes. Therefore, the decision was made that only agencies with proven track records that offer work studies were allowed to take on first years. That limited your options greatly.

Part of you wanted to go back to Jeanist, but you didn't know if he had a great enough track record. At the same time, you also wanted to try something new.

As you were day dreaming about your options, your eyes found a familiar lilac haired boy, who sat alone at an empty table across the room.

You had been so busy and caught up with hero work that you hadn't spoken to Shinso since the cafeteria incident at the hospital. You figured now was the perfect time to make up with him.

You stood up, dismissing yourself from your class' table, and tossed your almost empty tray in the garbage before walking over to Shinso.

"Are the General Studies kids suddenly scared of you, or do you like sitting alone?" you cracked a joke to avoid any awkwardness, and it seemed to work as Shinso lifted his head and flashed you a side smile.

"Well, I have been working out," he replied, which caused you to observe his body more closely.

"Shit, your arms are huge!" you exclaimed before reaching out to poke his bicep, which was much bigger than it was the last time you saw him. Shinso simply developed a proud expression in response.

"Anyway," you continued. "Bakugo told me Aizawa forced the two of you to be friends."

"Something like that," Shinso sighed while pushing his tray away to give you his full attention. "We're cool now, I guess. I mean, we're not best friends."

"Well, of course not," you agreed while nudging his leg with your foot beneath the table. "That's my job, and I'm sorry I didn't come to talk to you sooner. I missed a bunch of stuff while I was gone and was flooded with work when I got back. I still have to work on my ultimate move, and now work studies have come up—"

"[L/N]," Shinso interrupted with an amused look on his face. "It's fine. I get it, and I was trying to give you space, but I hope everything's good now. Bakugo and I no longer feel the urge to kill each other, and you're back to your normal self."

"Yeah," you replied slowly, thinking back to the night before. You were tempted to tell him what happened at Gym Gamma, but you knew it was better for everyone if it was kept as much of a secret as possible.

"[Y/N] [L/N], please report to room 118. I repeat, [Y/N] [L/N], please report to room 118."

"The hell did I do this time?" you wondered with a small sigh before standing up. "Catch ya later, Toshi."

"I'll hold you to that," Shinso replied with a slight grin as you walked back to your own table.

"What was that about?" Kaminari asked, referring to the announcement.

"No clue," you shrugged while draping an arm over Bakugo's shoulder from where you stood. He looked up from his lunch.

"I'll see you back in class," you stated. "There's only like five minutes left for lunch. I have a feeling whatever this is about is gonna run longer than that."