Chapter 43 // In Love

Bakugo was woken up at the end of visiting hours, courtesy of the nurse, and forced to go home. He was annoyed. He didn't see what the big deal was about him staying. He was only one person, but he knew better than to start an argument.

The boy returned the next morning as soon as he was able, and his calm morning mood dissipated when he opened your hospital room door and saw you fighting the nurse that was supposed to be taking care of you.

Well, it wasn't much of a fight. You were simply weakly swatting at the woman while she pleaded with you to cooperate. Either way, you clearly weren't willingly.

"The hell is going on?" Bakugo asked as he rushed over.

He didn't put his hands on the nurse. He knew better, but he did gently push your arms down to your sides and separate the two of you by shielding you with his body.

The nurse sighed, saying, "I'm supposed to be bathing her. She hasn't bathed since she got here. She's been too weak before, so we haven't tried. Clearly she's strong enough now as she fighting me on it."

"I-I don't n-need so-me s-stranger b-bathing me," you stutterer, almost hissing out the words. "Y-you're a nurse, n-not a care-giver f-for the e-elderly."

"It's still my job," the nurse sighed before looking at Bakugo, "but I'm lenient. I suppose someone you're more...familiar with could help you, but I'm obligated to supervise."

Bakugo looked back at you to find you staring at him with pleading eyes. He gently took your shaky hands in his calm you before looking back at the nurse, saying, "I got it."

"I'll be cleaning the room if you need me," the nurse nodded before she averted her attention to tidying up the table beside your bed.

"Come on," Bakugo muttered as a gesture of encouragement as he gently lifted you off the bed and into his arms.

You fell limp in his arms, not trying to grasp onto him in any way, knowing it would be useless due to how weak you were.

Bakugo carried you to the bathroom where he kicked the door shut with his foot to give you privacy from the nurse.

The boy sat on the edge of the tub and moved you to comfortably sit in his lap before he leaned over and turned on the water. He tested it at a few different temperatures before settling on one that wasn't too cold or too hot and letting it run.

"Ba-kugo," you stuttered out.

Bakugo hummed in acknowledgment as he averted his attention away from the bath and to you, but his face fell when his eyes locked with yours.

Tears were pooling in the bottom of your eyes, and the boy went to brush them away, but they fell before he could when you blinked.

"What're you crying' about, mhm?" Bakugo questioned as he used his thumbs to dry your cheeks.

"I-I fe-el s-so use-useless," you rushed out, and Bakugo noted how your distressed state increased your stuttering. "I-I c-can't ev-even t-take a ba-th w-with-out h-help. I c-can't e-even fu-cking t-talk pr-properly."

"None of that," Bakugo said, almost hissing out the words. He wasn't at angry at you but the people responsible for your status.

Everyone would say it's your fault you ended up bedridden in the hospital, but Bakugo wasn't stupid. You would've never ended up like this if he hadn't gotten taken, and you didn't have a stupidly good heart.

"You're gonna be fine," he promised. "The doctor said you'd make a full recovery, and he better know what he's talking about or else I'm gonna kick his ass."