Chapter 42 // Sleep Well

The third day of your recovery was the same, for the most part. You were laid up in bed all day with Bakugo by your side, who tended to you whenever you needed it, as per usual. Your day only took a turn when a sudden knock jolted you from your sleep, which only ticked off Bakugo.

"I'll be right back," Bakugo assured as he stood. He gave your hand a small squeeze even though he knew you wouldn't return the gesture before standing.

Bakugo resisted the urge to scowl when he saw, through the room's window, every single one of his classmates standing in the hallway.

"What the hell are all of you doing here?" Bakugo asked while stepping out into the hallway.

"We wanted to visit [L/N]," Mina replied.

"And you thought it was a good idea for all of you to come at once?" Bakugo questioned while crossing his arms. "She gets overwhelmed easily right now."

"Then we'll go in a few at a time," Mina groaned in response. "Don't think you can hog her all to yourself just because she loves you."

Bakugo's cheeks burned red at the statement, causing majority of his classmates to laugh, who were quickly silenced when he threatened them with a small explosion.

"How is she?" Todoroki suddenly asked, and Bakugo glanced at your limp form through the window. You had resumed sleeping.

"Alive," Bakugo eventually stated. "Her speech, movement, and reaction time is all messed up, delayed. Doctor said she may develop a minor tic disorder, but it'll probably only be temporary. They said they'll try to get her walking soon. She'll be fully recovered after eight weeks."

"So she'll miss some school then," Uraraka acknowledged as she stared at you sadly.

"Her parents approved her moving into the dorms," Bakugo began. "Aizawa's gonna try and have her there for the day we move in."

"Kacchan," Deku said, and Bakugo couldn't help but narrow his eyes at the greenette.

"What?" the blond questioned gruffly.

"I ran into Shinso yesterday. He told me you prevented him from seeing [L/N]," Deku replied.

"'Cause the damn idiot made my girl cry," Bakugo scoffed. "He can see her when she's better."

"Your girl?" Deku asked with a small but proud smile.

"Get in the damn room," Bakugo hissed, slapping his childhood freind on the back of his head as he opened the door. The slap wasn't enough to hurt as Deku let out a small chuckle at Bakugo's clear embarrassment.

Deku, Todoroki, Iida, and Kirishima were the first ones to step into the room, leaving everyone else to wait outside in the hallway.

The four moved to stand at the end of your bed as Bakugo walked over and gently placed his hand on your shoulder. The pressure was enough to wake you from your only half-unconscious state.

You blinked slowly as you stared at your classmates. Your expression was bored for the next few seconds, but Bakugo could tell from your parting lips and twitching hand that you were now eager.

"You wanna sit up?" Bakugo asked, noticing how your palms began to press against the mattress beneath your body.

"Ye..." you didn't completely manage to say the word. The ending came out as more of a sigh or a puff of air, but Bakugo understood what you wanted.

Not wanting to try and move the bed since he wasn't sure how the buttons worked, Bakugo simply slipped his arms beneath your body and moved you to sit farther up on the mattress before fluffing your pillows, which were now supporting your back.