8

You could feel your face getting hotter as the greenette kept his eyes on you.

At first, you thought that maybe he was looking at your brother in such awe. After all, it wouldn't be the first time someone looked at him like he was an angel.

But when your eyes finally met his green ones, a light shined in them, so much brighter than anything you've ever seen. It was almost as if he had met his greatest idol. And you couldn't find it in you to look away.

Until, of course, your brother shook you and held you tightly, "Thank God I was assigned to patrol this area! God knows what would have happened if that guy tried to attack you." His previous glare was nowhere to be found and a relieved grin was playing on his lips.

You're somewhat grateful that your brother didn't see explosion guy actually trying to beat you up, or else he would have straight up gutted him.

"Yeah, I probably wouldn't have stood a chance." You peeled your eyes staring at the green haired boy, so you could answer your brother, "Are you sure you're alright though? And what about you, kid?" This time, he directed his question to the boy and almost as he was snapped back to reality, the boy began to squeak and stammer like no tommorow.

"Y-Yes!! I'm-I'm fine! Thank you so much!" He seemed to be blushing up a storm, looking nothing like the boy who was actually ready to beg the bully to let you go instead of him. You guessed that he probably had his heroic moments too.

"Are you sure? You don't have any injuries from his explosions or anything?" This time, you were the one who spoke and it was almost as if a part of him died on the inside.

He couldn't believe that he was talking to a girl!!

"Y-Y-Yes... I'm.... fine..."

O...kay? That totally wasn't awkward. Well, you don't get much of a say because you're just as awkward as he is. Okay, maybe not as bad as him, but still... you're not the most charismatic person around either.

"Oh, that's good." You and your brother simultaneously replied before getting off the ground. Out of common courtesy, you offered the boy your hand to get up, and he looked dangerously close to passing out.

But regardless of his anxiety, he accepted your hand. As you pulled him up, he never really met your eyes and just bowed at a perfect 90° angle, "T-Thank you so much! Thank you for helping me!"

You shook your head and tried to reassure him it was okay but he seemed pretty adamant about thanking you and your brother, "It's fine, really! We just did the bare minimum, you don't have to thank us so fervently."

Your brother nodded along your words yet the boy continued to profusely thank you both. It would have continued on with this, but your brother's phone began to ring and you all realised that your brother was probably still on duty.

Hence, he had to quickly bid you both farewell and picked up his phone, leaving you alone with the jittery boy. It seemed like the boy was more nervous being left with you than you being alone with a guy.

"Um... Thank you so much! I'm Midoriya Izuku!" He actually spoke up, making you turn to him. But he never met your eyes and just kept his gaze on the ground, "Oh, nice to meet you, Midoriya-san. I'm [Last Name][Name]."

For once, he looked up from the ground and smiled a little, "It's nice to meet you too, [Last Name]-san. Again, I'm so sorry you were involved with my mess..."

"I told you, it's just common human decency. I'm sure any sensible person would have done the same."

He didn't have the heart to tell you that all those 'sensible people' were actually in on his bullying. They treated him worse than trash. But then he remembered that you weren't aware that he was quirkless. Midoriya wondered if you would have the same reaction as everyone in his school if you found out.