49

Your eyes opened to a flood of blaring lights, shining down at you.

With how hypersensitive your eyes were, you're pretty sure that the ceiling lights were no less brighter than a thousand suns, to you. Still, you somehow managed to blink enough times for your eyes to get used to the light.

Despite waking up from a nap, your body feels incredibly heavy. It's most definitely from the fatigue of the last day, but it's still a pain to deal with. Moving your head to the side, you see a bottle of water and you decide to get up to finally hydrate yourself.

You groan a bit as you get up, but finally extend your arm to grab the bottle. As you do so, your eyes fall upon the fresh and clean bandages that are wrapped around your arm, and you suddenly recall when one of Stain's knives stabbed through it.

Now that you said that, your left side is very also uncomfortable. You raise your left hand and slightly brush your hair to the side before very softly caressing the bandages placed over your ear. It's been secured by a bunch of medical tape, and even the slightest twitch in your facial muscles makes a twinge of pain burst through it.

You're sure they probably stitched it up or something, but you're mostly hoping that someone had used a healing quirk so you don't have to put up with too much pain after the effect of the painkillers dies down.

Still, you focus on drinking some water before finally looking around.

It's a normal hospital room, there's some beds next to yours, and you recognise one of the person sleeping as the heroine who was one of Endeavor's sidekicks, yesterday night.

Right... Midoriya, Iida and Todoroki... Since they're all guys, they must be sharing a room like you're sharing a room with this girl.

As much as you like your friends, you're glad you weren't shoved in the same room as the guys. You don't think you would have been that comfortable being placed in a room with all guys, even if they're your friends.

Finally finishing about half the bottle, you wipe the few water drops clinging onto your lips with your right thumb and close the bottle. Next, you swing your legs to the side and find your hospital slippers.

From what you can tell thanks to the window, it's already daytime. So you'd rather ask a nurse if you can see your friends now and ask about their wellbeing. As you climb down the bed, your eyes drift to the IV stand and see some empty bottles hanging from it. Ah... Blood transfusion?

That makes sense. You did lose quite some blood.

Thankfully, you don't have any IVs attached to you right now, so you're free to go. As you walk out your room, you are met with the hallway, and you just hope to encounter a nurse that can help you with navigating.

Hosu General Hospital is a huge hospital, so it's no doubt that you'll have a hard time figuring out where the male ward is.

But it seems like your prayers are being answered by the Devil right now, because while you do find a way to navigate through this maze of a hospital, it's the last person you want to interact with right now.

Endeavor.

The 6'5 flaming hero keeps his gaze fixed on you, and you can't help but avert your own gaze.

'I know I'm not the best person around, but this is too bad of a punishment... God, please... Just end me right now.'

Okay, maybe you're being a bit dramatic right now, but the point still stands.

Endeavor is the worst person for you to meet right now. With the effect of the painkillers starting to wear off (you realise that they did not use a healing quirk on you), you are prone to snapping. One word from Endeavor and you'll most probably not even care if you're being rude.