64

After that rejuvenating day at the pool, it was finally time for summer training camp.

"Do you have everything?" Your father rechecked, peering at you from the kitchen as he made breakfast for your sister. You stuffed another bite of your food in your mouth before nodding, letting your eyes glance over at the bag you had packed last night, which had all the essentials for the training camp that the school had informed you of.

"Yeah, it's all in there. I rechecked it last night before I went to bed." He couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows at your statement. Went to bed? With the way you were looking (heavy eye bags and a tired gaze) you looked like you hadn't slept in a week.

Which was partially true, because it had been a whole week since the mall incident and you really weren't sleeping well ever since that day.

At least one of the things he was grateful to UA for, was the fact that this summer camp would help you catch up on some well-deserved rest. You really looked like you needed it, and you did.

"Well, I should get going. I don't wanna be late today." You spoke up after having finished your breakfast. Your sister was still getting ready for her classes, so you just decided to go to her to bid her farewell.

"Hey, I'm leaving now. See you later!" Your sister turned to you as she put down the hairbrush in her hands, "You're leaving already?"

"Yeah, I need to get there before 8." She furrowed her eyebrows but nodded anyways, "Okay... just make sure to text us when you reach there, and let us know when you're already on the bus, okay? Dad's probably gonna stay stressed thinking about you getting scared in the bus" You just shrugged your shoulders, "I'll probably just sleep in the bus." She smiled softly, "Yeah, let's hope you can sleep with a bunch of rowdy teenagers packed in a tight place."

"Pretty sure Aizawa-sensei's gonna kill us before a villain can, if we're too rowdy." She just nodded, not knowing what else to reply with.

"Well, I'll see you then. Take care and make sure dad takes his meds everyday." She could only roll her eyes at your instructions, "[Name], I live in this house with you. You're acting like I don't know shit."

"Whatever, just make the old man eats healthy." You joked and she snorted at the affectionate way you referred to your father.

She just shooed you away and you finally bid her a goodbye before walking out the door with your brother in tow, "Alright... see you later, Dad!" Your father smiled kindly and nodded, giving you a head pat while waving goodbye.

You sat in your brother's car as he settled in his seat too. He had told you that he would drop you off at your school before he left for work.

As you both drove there, there was an awkward silence between you and your brother. There were times when he would joke here and there, but he did spend most moments in silence. Which was really unlike him, since he was usually the chatterbox in your family.

You were half tempted to ask him if he had a fight with his girlfriend but knowing the actual reason for his sudden silence, you figured not to. After all, he's the one who saw you right after the entire incident, of course he would be shaken.

Knowing this, you kept your mouth zipped shut until the school finally began to come in view. The moment he parked a little closer to the school, you got out.

Although, not before speaking up, "Hey, [Brother Name]..." The said male hummed in response for you to continue, "Take care... And don't worry about me... I'll be with literal pro-heroes, so don't let it get to your head, okay?" He stopped for a minute to stare at you blankly, before you snapped your fingers in front of him, "Hey! Did you even listen? I said, don't worry!" He blinked a few times before giving you a humored smile, "What makes you think I was worried about you? I just got a shit ton of reports to write, no one's worrying over you. I know damn well that even the kidnappers would get sick of you in just a day. After all, God knows how annoying you are..."