16

You groaned as your eyes opened, being greeted with the blinding lights that shined from the ceiling.

Upon hearing your groan, a figure jumped up from their seat and shot over to your side, "Are you okay, kero?" It was a feminine voice and you felt like you knew that voice, not that well, but it was like you had heard it once or twice.

Thankfully, blinking a few times managed to get you your visual senses back, "What?" The voice's source came in view. It was the same girl that you remembered seeing last before you passed out.

Green hair, pale skin, wide and hollow black eyes.

"Ah... The UA exams..." You muttered to yourself as you tried to get up. The girl helped you up as well and you couldn't help but thank her, "Thank you..."

"I'm Asui Tsuyu. Call me Tsu." You nodded, even if it was weird to call someone with a nickname despite only having met them a while ago, "You're [Last Name][Name]-chan, right?" She confirmed and you nodded at her question.

Just then, the famed Recovery Girl wobbled in, her syringe-like walking stick giving her frail body the support she needed, or perhaps it was a prop. You didn't question it much when she started speaking, "Oh, my. You're awake? Your hands were quite a mess, you know? At least one of it was in better condition, but the other was just ruined!!-" she shook her head, as if she was reprimanding you.

"-be careful, dear! Since you were already low on energy, I only healed it enough so you wouldn't feel any pain. But you should still not use it very frequently. It wouldn't heal well if you do." She gave you a wrinkly smile before handing you some gummy bears, "Here, have some gummies!" You gratefully took some from her and ate one.

Turning to the girl who was with you this entire time, you offered her one too, "Here, have some. You're probably tired too." She seemed rather surprised by your actions but smiled and took one to eat, "Thank you, kero."

"What good friends you are! The frog girl stayed here the entire time you were unconscious!" You were confused by what she said but then looked at the clock to see it had been over 45 minutes since the exam must have ended.

"Oh, my God! I'm so sorry for holding you off like this!" She shook her head at your apology, "It's fine, kero. You saved me, it's the least I could do." You could only smile at her and she gladly returned it.

"Well, if you're well then you should get going." The old heroine told you and you immediately jumped down from the bed, feeling a bit embarrassed even though there was no need to be, "Of course! Thank you so much for healing me, Recovery Girl!" She gestures you to bend down and while you were confused by it, you complied.

She then proceeded to give you a warm headpat, "It's my job, no need to thank me." Her kind face was taken over by a smile and you returned the gesture with a closed eye smile of your own.

"Now run along, girls!" This time, you were less embarrassed and Asui-no, Tsu accompanied you to get your stuff from a locker and change back to your school uniform.

"What you did was very heroic, kero. I wasn't even expecting anyone to help me." She praised you and you couldn't help the burning of your cheeks, "I-It's nothing..." Taking a deep breath, you continued.

"I probably would have lived in guilt for my entire life if I just let you be... Even if Recovery Girl would have healed you, it still would made me sick..." You trailed off in the end and the frog featured girl smiled at your honest words. As an honest person herself, she greatly appreciated honesty.

And to see you answering her with complete honesty made her feel happy.

"You really are hero-material, [Last Name]-chan."