68

Happy New Year to everyone <33

————

The next day, your day until afternoon was almost identical to the previous one.

You all trained and trained until you couldn't anymore. Today, however, you had managed to turn about 3/4 of the mountain colourless. Your illusions had also been a bit better than yesterday's, not that evidently better but at least the face you made on the ground with your quirk looked more like a face and not a creature straight out of a horror movie.

Slow and steady wins the race, you guess?

At dinner, thankfully your friends had actually pulled you along with them, so you weren't at the mercy at someone you couldn't even see.

This also led you to the conversation you were currently a part of.

Apparently, the Kota kid that had punched Midoriya in the balls on the very first day you all had arrived, was actually the child of the famous Hero duo that had passed away a few years ago: Water Hose.

While you had pitied him and his situation, you weren't really sure why Midoriya had asked both you and Shoto for advice on how to get along with the kid. You're not even good with kids!! Both you and Shoto are the youngest in your families, does your greenette friend really think that you guys have any experience with kids?!

Wait... is it because we're both motherless–?!

Damn... You never knew the day would come when Midoriya would treat you like this. It's always the one's you trust the most, huh?

You almost said that out loud, but figured that your freckled friend would have started crying just to explain himself, and it would have been more contrite than funny.

"I don't know... What do you guys think I should do?" He finished explaining and you and Shoto turned to each other to share a look before returning your gazes back to Midoriya, "Honestly, your words aren't going to have much of an effect on him. If you try to talk with him, he'll just think you're being pretentious, because you're a stranger." You stated, making your friend look even more sullen than he did before.

Thankfully, Todoroki was there to help lift the mood, "You need to prove it to him that Heroes are bringing a change; a good change for humanity. It's through your actions that he will understand for himself. You managed to help me too, I'm sure you will be able to help him as well. After all, that's what's your best at."

You're so glad that Midoriya regained his confidence, because you were starting to feel a bit guilty for having said that initially. Although, thank God that Midoriya focused on Shoto's advice and gave you both a bright smile, "Yeah, you're right! That's what I need to do!"

After that, dinner was pretty much uneventful.

Until of course, you all were gathered, for the Test of Courage was about to begin. The rules were simple, one class scares the other class while the other class tries to find tags with their names, to prove that they indeed went in the forest. You all will be divided in groups of 2 and each group will be sent in the forest a few minutes after the last group went in.

All in all, whichever class scares the other the most, wins.

Of course, you all were assigned groups according to lots. And you had praying fervently that you would be paired with someone who wouldn't tell everyone if you did get scared by 1-B.

As you reached in the box, you found your slip having the number written on it; 4.

You're in group 4 with...