31

You guys were given a few minutes to rest before Midnight immediately stated that the top 42 students from the first phase were the one's that passed.

After that, a leaderboard showed up on the big screens and you all got a look at your names and some numbers written in front of them.

The numbers given to each student were worth their placement in the obstacle race. The 42nd student had 5 points, while the 41st had 10 points. They all increased with 5 being added as they moved up. Looking at your own name, you found a 200 written right in front of it. But then... you looked at the first place and you sweatdropped as Midnight explained that the first place had 10 million points.

Wow, they really want the first place to suffer.

"Now!! For the second event!! The Heated Cavalry Battle!!" She whipped her whip once more and proceeded to explain, "You all will make 2-4 member teams and wear the headbands corresponding to the points allotted to you. The headbands can only be worn on your heads or your necks!!" The pretty heroine smirked as she gazed over you all.

"You all can also obtain points by snatching each other's headbands~ Have fun! You have 15 minutes to form your teams!!"

The fifteen minute timer came up on the screen and the countdown had already begun. But one thing that you noticed was that people were trying to get away from Midoriya as much as they could.

Well, that was pretty self-explanatory.

He had the 10 million headband. He would be the biggest target in this battle. Still... You wanted to team up with him! He was your friend and you knew that in this battle, your quirk was the best thing to have. You both could win! Hell, you could even add more of your friends and you all would succeed through this event with no problem!

With that thought, you were about to make your way to Midoriya when Shinsou talking to Ojiro entered your vision. You heard the purple head ask your classmate if he'd like to join his team, and just when Ojiro said yes, he entered a trance-like state.

His eyes became dull and he began to follow the sleep deprived boy loyaly. You quickly turned yourself away, but it seemed like Shinsou noticed you. A smirk made way to his lips as he strode over to you and stood right in front of you.

"Hey... Sorry about what I said last time... Wanna join my team?" Your eyes widened when you heard his voice. While you were very tempted to tell him to fuck off, you didn't want to end up like Ojiro. You didn't even know what had happened to him!!

You're not sure if it was because he answered him or because he looked at him, so you made sure to avoid doing both.

And it seemed like Shinsou was having the time of his life. You were about to walk away, but he grabbed onto your wrist and smirked smugly at you, "What's wrong, why aren't you looking at me or saying anything? Don't tell me you're scared... of a loser like me who couldn't even land a spot in the first place, hmm?"

This fucking son of a bitch...

But before you could give him a response with your fist, your wrist was snatched by a much rougher force, "Oi, eyebags... Fuck off, she's in my team." Bakugo's raspy voice entered your ears, and you could even hear the slight threat lingering in his tone.

"Come on, you fucking bitch." He dragged you over without even giving you as much of a rundown of why and how you're suddenly in his team.

What happened to making your life a living hell that he promised in the beginning?! Why is he suddenly helping?!

Also, Midoriya!! You wanted to join him, not Bakugo! This guy still low-key scares you.

But you were at least put at ease when you saw Kirishima and Sero standing nearby, and that's when you realised that those two will also be in your team and that was enough to at least calm you down.