18

From what you've read from the internet, the results of UA usually come after a week or two.

Because of this, after a week had passed, you began to fervently check the mailbox. Everytime the mailman came, you would rush over and sift through the letters, only to be met with disappointment.

You were pretty sure that you must have failed, but wishful thinking made it hard for you to just ignore the anticipation of the letter from UA.

While your family hadn't picked up on it, you prayed to God that it stayed that way. Another reason why you wanted to get the UA letter was so that you could first check it yourself. The last thing you wanted was for them to send a letter of your failure and your sister or brother finding it.

You would shoot yourself in the face, right then and there, if that happened.

So you kept anxiously checking the mailbox until one afternoon, like always, you rushed over to check the mail. Your family didn't think much of it. It was a Sunday and your entire family was home.

As they all watched some comedy show on the TV, you carefully sifted through the letter and...

There it was!!

Surpressing a gasp, you took the letter and stuffed it in your pocket. After that, you walked back to the living room and placed the other letters on the coffee table in the middle, "I'll be back from the bathroom." You told them as to not raise suspicion and scurried over to your room.

Closing the door as quietly as you could, you opened the letter and were greeted with... A disk?

As soon as you placed the disk on your table, a projection of what seemed to be a hologram appeared-

"I am here!!

Wait... IS THAT ALL MIGHT?!

As surprised as you were, your question was immediately answered when he addressed you, "Hello, young [Last Name]!! I'm sure you're surprised upon seeing me! Well, worry not! Starting this year, I will be teaching at UA!!"

Holy shit... All Might was going to teach at UA?! Well, it shouldn't be a surprise, since he is a UA alumni. But still, to have the Number One hero teaching at your facility, UA will most probably take over the official title of the Best Heroics School in all of Japan with this

It's not like it wasn't the best before, but All Might teaching there was definitely the icing on the cake, and many UA haters would definitely shut up about the long debate after the reveal of this information.

Regardless, you opted to return your attention to the big guy talking as a hologram, "Now, then! Young [Last Name], in regards to your written exam, you passed with flying colors!!" His grin never faltered as he continued.

"And as for the practical exam, you have scored 17 points.... which isn't the enough for the Heroics course..." Your heart dropped.

You knew it.

You didn't get in.

You knew it damn well... Yet, you wished that somehow you had gotten in. You held your tears back, trying desperately not to cry

But it seemed like All Might wasn't done yet, "- is what I would say if that were the only thing to it!"

Suddenly, your eyes widened as a recording of you saving some applicants from the robots and the video of you helping Tsu played on the hologram. Well, you couldn't exactly be seen because you were invisible in the videos but you knew that it was you helping them out.

Because you remembered those moment very vividly.

"You were seen helping several of your applicant comrades and even went as far as risking yourself and getting yourself painfully injured just to help your fellow applicant. UA is a heroics school, it does not ignore such courageous actions-" All Might's grin grew, if it was even physically possible at this poin