56

Returning to school the next day, after a very energetic dinner with the Bakugos, almost feels dull.

You drag yourself forward with what little energy you can muster up, already tired due to the late hours you slept at; you should blame your sister because she was very curious about wanting to know how the dinner went.

Still, you're happy to have returned to your normal school routine. At least, there's gonna be a long time until your teacher tricks you again.

Actually... who knows, he might trick you again at the final exams.

Whatever, you'll cross that bridge when you get there. The main focus of today, as soon as you reach your classroom, part ways with Kaibara and greet all your friends, is... offering a huge, mocking smile to Bakugo.

The blonde boy catches sight of it and like the flick of a switch, his expressions turn sour.

"The fuck are you smiling at?" Your smile only grows at that point, "Hello there, Chess Grandmaster Bakugo!" Almost immediately, his eyes snap open wide in anger and he looks like he just saw someone getting murdered in cold blood.

"The fuck did you just say?" He slowly utters, and you can feel the smugness grow inside of you. There's just something so fulfilling in annoying him, you can't describe it in words but it is just so exhilarating.

It was kinda like if Icarus, instead of flying too close to the sun, turned 90 degrees, pointed a finger at the sun and played chicken with it.

Very dangerous, but very fun indeed.

"I mean, do you want me to register you for the National Chess Tournament? Your chess skills are no joke, Bakugo-kun~" The said boy looks like he's about to pop a vessel. Who are you kidding, he probably did already.

"I swear to All Might, chameleon... If you don't shut that damn mouth of yours, you better start preparing for your funeral." You walked past him to reach your seat, and calmly placed your bag on your chair.

Seeing you walk away silently gave the blonde hope that maybe he scared you enough into silence. Or maybe you got tired of annoying him.

How cute... Does he really think you're that weak-hearted?

Turning around to face him, you smile at him once again before delivering the final blow, "Say, what do you think that person is called who keeps on losing every single chess match?" His eyebrow twitch in annoyance as you grace him a wide grin.

"Bakugo Katsuki, of course. Cause no one else sucks at chess like you~"

Aaaand, he's firing up his explosions...

"That's it!! I'll fucking kill you!" He lunges at you but you clearly thought your escape through because you immediately move to the side. A peal of laughter escapes your lips and for a second, you're laughing so hard that you imagined Bakugo faltering.

"C-Come on, Bakugo-kun!! Stop being such a sore loser!" You speak out, mid-cackles as he chases you around the class. Thankfully, there's still a lot of time for Homeroom to begin so you immediately rush to the one person you know will help; Iida.

"Iida-san, help me!! Bakugo's trying to kill me over here!" As soon as the bespectacled male registers your words in his brain, he jumps right in front of you and glares at Bakugo, "Bakugo-kun!! What are you trying to do to [Last Name]-san?! How dare you try to hurt one of our class's most competent students?!"

"Stay the fuck out of this, Four Eyes!!"

"No, please don't!"

"Don't you dare fucking run from me like a coward and then try dragging someone else in this fight, you damn chameleon!!"