70

Dabi remembers it as vividly as it was yesterday.

The day he first met you, when he was still known as Todoroki Touya.

You looked so young, so precious, so full of childish hope and wonder. Sometimes, he wonders if he were to look back in time, would he recognize that cute little frown on your face whenever you concentrated on something? Or the little pep in your step as your brother took you for a walk around the area?

Touya knew about your family through your sister.

She was a senior in his school. A straight As student and ironically, the biggest trouble maker. He knew her, and frankly, he didn't know why people liked your sister so much. He found you much more cuter, much more sweeter and much more tolerable.

At least, that's what he thought when he met you.

It was normal day, filled with Touya training his quirk as always. It was autumn and Sekoto Peak was a beauty to behold at this time of the year. The leaves of the trees were just beginning to shed and the orange hues gave the area a majestic look.

All in all, it was normal for people to take small hikes or walks around this area.

So spotting you and your brother trailing along the edges of the peak wasn't that much of a surprise. He simply carried on with his training. It wasn't until later on during the walk that you realised that your brother had ended up inviting his friends over too.

Now, you liked your brother's friends. They were nice, gave you food and candy, and liked to play with you. But despite this, you wanted to be with your brother.

You had already had a pretty bad week ever since your quirk finally developed and had been cursed with the knowledgeable that you would never be a hero with this useless quirk. So you just wanted to spend some quality time with your brother, play with him and hang out with him as he made you laugh.

Still you kept your mouth shut about the complaints bubbling in your throat, as his friends greeted you. You smiled cutely and greeted back, not wanted to be rude.

Your mother taught you better than that.

But you felt the loneliness again, when [Brother Name] began chatting amongst his friends. They did try to include you once or twice, but you figured you were just too young to get their older, cool kid talk.

So you just wordlessly trailed along the pretty sight of the autumn trees.

That's when you saw him, Touya.

His movement reminded you of a dancer, so pretty and elegant. And the addition of fire only made it even cooler for your child-brain. Before you even knew it, the moment he finished his little fire display, you began to clap excitedly, "Again!! Do it again! That was so cool!"

The boy turned to you in shock, not really expecting anyone to have seen him. He was half afraid that it might have been his dad, "Y-You? Who are you?" He asked while you grinned brightly to introduce yourself to the cool boy.

"Hello! I'm [Last Name][Name]! Nice to meet you!" Well, even for your age, you still had more manners than his father.

Touya was flabbergasted for a second. What should he even say to you? You looked to be around the same age as Shoto, his little brother that he despised with all his heart.

Just the thought alone was enough to sour his mood.

But you didn't let that continue for too long, because almost immediately you began to bombard him with compliments; compliments he had never received from anyone in his life.