Chapter 3

New update for today, wohoo :D. Tomorrow or monday I will be posting chapter 4, enjoy readingg and let me know what you think!!

Dacian POV

I don't exclude the fact that he might be right, with his story about the spy and stuff. But I still don't trust him fully. He seems so scary, so... Death Eater like.

'You play well.' He states, meaning the piano. 'Did you learn that in these weeks?'

I nod. 'I like the piece.'

'You like classical music?' He slowly raises one eyebrow. I look him in the eye, trying not to show that I am scared, but he doesn't get into my mind again.

I shrug, 'I never really heard it before.'

'Tomorrow,' He starts, changing subjects, 'You will be sorted into one of the houses, do you know what those are?'

'Yes, sir.' I whisper, looking at my feet now, 'I read the book you gave me.'

The man lifts his eyebrows again in surprise before hiding the emotion. 'Really? And what house do you think you are in?'

'I don't know.' I shrug again. 'I thought everyone gets sorted when you are eleven.'

'Not you.' His lips twitch, making a little smile, 'You can meet some students then as well, it might do you good.'

This is the first proper conversation I have with him; I realize. He must be surprised that I talk at all. They didn't like it when I talked, except when I was answering their questions. I usually made the wrong comments. It is scary to talk to him, but in another way, I feel a bit relieved.

After a while, I go off to my bedroom, telling him that I will go to sleep. When I lay down and close my eyes, the most horrible dream returns. I wake up screaming and yelling.

Severus Snape is in front of me, a worried expression on his face, he must've woken me up. 'Are you alright?'

I am still breathing heavily but manage to say yes. 'Sorry that I woke you up, sir.'

'It's alright.' He quickly says under his breath. 'I'll be right back.'

I look at the pocket watch on the little table next to my bed, it's only 11.30. Tomorrow I will get sorted, I was already thinking a lot about it, and now even more. The biggest question is why. Why would they want me in a house? They don't even know for sure if I am a wizard, right?

In the book he gave me, all the four houses were explained elaborately, and I know a lot about them now. Gryffindor is bravery and chivalry, Ravenclaw intelligence and knowledge, Hufflepuff is patience and kind, and Slytherin is cunning and ambitious. I have no idea which house I'll be in, and to be honest, it doesn't really matter. It seems like I have most of the qualities. I know I am very stubborn above all. Very stubborn.

He walks back in with a cup. 'It's a potion for a dreamless night.'

I frown, 'Wha...'

'You need rest. If you drink it, you'll have no nightmares anymore.' He notices me hesitating and immediately talks again. 'I won't force you to drink it, I just highly recommend it.'

I nod and take the cup from his hands. Drinking the liquid at once, even though it tastes awful, I swallow it. At once, I feel the sleepiness and grogginess get into my head and I realize it must be the potion doing its work. I took a great risk drinking it, but I'd be very thankful to finally have a good night sleep.

Severus Snape POV

He finally talked to me last night. Maybe he does understand, maybe he does believe that I am not evil. I hope he does. He's such a little boy, so vulnerable, so... yet so strong. I know most people that would get through what he experienced give up. But he didn't. Somehow, he kept going. Somehow, he survived.