Chapter 25

Dacian POV

I was thrown into a dark great room down the huge manor, the door of iron bars slamming behind me, and left in the cold. One person else is in the room, and he makes himself known by coughing loudly a few minutes after I arrived.

'Who's there?' I ask carefully, peering into the dark room.

'Dacian? Oh boy.' An old man's voice, sounding hopeless.

The man steps out of the darkness to me, and I now see his face. Olivander, the wand maker. His face is covered with dried blood, and he seems weak and tired. His clothes are old and ripped to pieces, and it looks like he's been tortured.

'Are you okay?' I ask carefully.

'Health of an old man doesn't matter.' He sighs, 'How did you end up here?'

'They took over Hogwarts, killed Dumbledore.' I reply sadly. 'I... couldn't do anything.'

The tears are coming now, and before I know I'm hyperventilating again. Draco. Snape. How could they? How could they do such things?

The greatest wizard. The one wizard Voldemort was afraid of is now dead. There is no hope. How can I ever survive? There is no one to save me now. No one will come for me.

'Hey. Dacian, calm down.' Olivander puts an arm around me. 'You've got to stay strong. You can get through this. You've endured it before; you can do it again.'

'I'll be tortured.' I gasped, fear in my voice, my heart is racing too.

'Yes, they will, but you can fight back. Use your wandless magic to free yourself.'

'I...'

'Please, keep on fighting. I know you can win.' Olivander says, and the timing perfect, perhaps he already knew someone was coming, the door opened. Two people in black, both going for me.

I'm stumbling back, but I realize this is not the moment to use the magic. Not yet. Even if I get past these two, there will probably more Death Eaters above.

So I let them take my arms and drag me up the stairs.

'I'll see you, Olivander.' I manage to bring out weakly.

He waves, putting up a sad smile.

I'm being pulled into a great room with black tiles around me everywhere, there is one chandelier above me, but that's the only light, there are no windows at all. They drop me in the middle on the cold floor, and I keep laying there on my stomach.

'Stand up.' The cold voice of a man I've always feared to meet, yet the moment is here.

Slowly getting to my feet, I know that I'm fully examined by the man in green robes standing in front of me. I stare back, into green angry eyes of the Dark Lord.

'They tell me you're a rebel.' His voice is soft, but it's more terrifying than if he'd yell. With his white wand in his hand, he steps closer to me, until we're one foot apart.

I don't dare to breathe.

He chuckles. 'I know you're afraid. You should be.'

I swallow.

'It doesn't have to be like this, though.'

Here it comes.

'Join me, and I will make sure no one hurts you.'

Not a chance.

It remains silent.

His hand moves up, and my body screams to back away, but I know I shouldn't. He tilts my chin and looks down at me. 'What a beautiful young face you have. A shame it would be if it were ruined.'

'Hurt me however you want. I never join you.' I spat, now stepping back and throwing away his filthy hand.

Voldemort sighs. 'Your behaviour is admirable, yet foolish.' He's circling around me like some predator, waiting for the right moment.

I step back once again.

'Did you like Severus?'

'I used to.'

I now take the time to look around. There is one wooden door, closed of course, but no other exit. It's too far away to make a run for it, and I wouldn't reach it without Voldemort cursing me first. So I focused back on the man in front of me.

'What did you do with him?'

'Your mom.'

I really wish he just kills me here and now. His face turns from genuine surprise to anger and hate, and I want to kill myself for those two words that slipped out of my mouth. I didn't mean to say them, and I know I shouldn't have. The joke was just so easy to make... I couldn't really contain myself.

Severus Snape POV

Slowly making my way to the interrogation room where the Dark Lord is waiting for me, I can only fear for what's about to happen. I can only hope that Dacian doesn't have a too foul mouth, and that he collaborates at least a bit. I can only hope that Voldemort doesn't kill him with me watching.

'You wanted to speak to me, My Lord?' I ask as soon as I've arrived in the room. The man is standing in the middle, his wand pointed at the panting boy laying down on the floor. I see tears on Dacian his face, and I know he's been hurt. He's staring at me with his grey innocent eyes.

'Our friend here... is.' The Dark Lord pauses for a moment. 'How do I say? He won't answer my questions.'

What did he expect?

I walk over to the boy and then turn to the man again. 'Why not use Ligillimency?'

'He needs discipline.'

Oh, here we go.

'My Lord, he's been tortured before, it won't work.' I carefully say.

'Severus, I know you still care about the boy.'

I open my mouth to object, but he holds out his hand. 'Don't deny it. That's why I want you to torture him.'

My heart sinks in my chest. 'You want me to torture him?'

'Is that such a big deal?' He says with a dangerous smile.

'No, not at all.' I take out my wand. 'What questions do you have for him?'

'How did he get this power? And what does he know about his parents.' He walks over to the door, 'Just don't kill him.' The door closes with a bang behind him, and now we're alone in the room.

'Do it.' The boy mumbles, 'Just kill me, like you killed Dumbledore. Please.'

As my heart shatters into a thousand pieces, I bring out: 'I can't.' I will help him escape as soon as possible, but he can't know it's me helping him. I don't want him to get hurt even more than he already is. But I have no choice.

'Please. You know about my parents, just... tell him everything.' The boy is still crying. 'Don't hurt me.'

'Shut up.' I point my wand at him.

'Don't.' He crawls away from me.

'Crucio.'