Chapter 5

Image above is not mine, credits to the owner, but it really suits the story :), enjoy this new update. 

Dacian POV

'Don't worry, Dacian.'

That is the first time in a while I've heard him speak my name again. He stares at me with those black eyes again. I stare back. He'd just seen everything that happened in my mind, and I don't like the idea of that, but I try to remain calm. I know that every time I use that kind of magic, I usually get punished, so expect it again now. I curl myself in the large chair, closing my eyes tightly.

'Please don't be scared.' He speaks again, 'What you did was good. They deserved it.'

I frown.

'They will all get a great punishment.' Snape says scowling. 'We should eat dinner.'

The next day, he proposed to take a walk again after he finished his classes, so we're walking again on the bridge, this time heading to the end.

'Can we go in the forest?' I ask hopefully, it's been a long time since I've been in a forest. I always love forests; I remember that from the time in the orphanage. I used to sneak out every night to take a walk through the trees, or just climb in one and read a book. It is always so peaceful.

He shakes his head, 'It's too dangerous.'

'But...'

'No.' He cuts me off angrily. I sigh deeply, I really want to get into the Forest; I've read so much about it. At night, it is dangerous, yes. Werewolves, centaurs, and other magical creatures. But in a clear afternoon it wouldn't do any harm, right? Perhaps I can just...

'Let's just sit a while here,' Snape interrupts my thoughts, pointing at a bench. 'The Forest is full of dangerous creatures, you know that.' He says when we sit down. 'I don't want to get in there.'

'Are you scared?' I ask surprised.

'No,' He shakes his head, 'I am scared that something will happen to you.'

'Oh.' I don't know what to say. Does he care about me?! I notice in his voice that there's some emotion, so perhaps he does. I don't know. I don't know.

After a while we stand up and walk next to the edge of the Forest. 'I like forests.'

'Really?' His voice is monotonous again. 'Why?'

'Because... I like the smell, the birds, the trees. It's peace.' I answer slowly, picturing it in my head. I turn to see the forest, the huge trees and darkness in between. From this close distance, I already hear the birds, and smell the trees.

'We can visit another forest in the holidays, if you wish.' Snape answers, a bit annoyed, 'Now let's...'

But I'm already gone. A yelp came from between the trees, and I immediately rush to it. It sounds like a little dog in danger. I hear Snape calling my name and running after me, and I speed up, going further into the Forest, in the direction of the sound.

I don't know what happened to my brain. I guess it left me for a moment. But when I notice the little black wolf, I wake up again. What the hell am I doing?! Running randomly into the Forest?!

A firm hand grabs my shoulder tightly, Snape appears next to me, 'What in the...' He sees the little wolf now to. 'Oh, please no.'

The creature looks at us with sparkling blue eyes, his ears standing up, his fur being soft and cute, I guess he's around one foot, maybe a little bit more, tall, and its staring at us with cute puppy eyes. I can't resist saying 'AWW'.