𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 59

I remember the day I was taken from Ma and Pa after they got caught. It felt like almost every other day in the room except something was a little different.

I opened my eyes. 'Another dream' I thought. I sat up weakly as I felt my stomach grumble. I looked around the cold dark room for something I could eat.

The night before Ma and Pa's clients paid lots of money so on top of all the torture I hadn't gotten a lick of food in 2 days. By the looks of everything it seemed like there weren't even any roaches or anything like that out for me to even try to eat.

I looked down at the glass on the floor as my stomach began to grumble even more. I picked up the small pieces and looked at it for a minute. I stopped when the door swung open and Ma came down the steps.

I looked to see Ma. She scoffed at me. "Look at you... we were having so much fun last night that we had forgotten to feed you..." Ma said while throwing the try of food down in front of me.

I looked to see it was bread with a bit of mold, rice, and some beans but it smelled a bit so I assume it was likely old or Ma and Pa put something in it. I just stared down at the food, so hungry that I like my stomach was eating itself.

"You can eat" Ma said. I immediately started eating and Ma just crossed her arms while staring down at me with an evil look in her eyes. "You better not leave anything on that plate... you won't be getting anymore food tonight" Ma said.

After I finished eating Ma crouched down in front of me and grabbed my face and looked at me. "You're so gross..." She muttered before wiping her hands on her pants.

I just stared at her. "Hey" I looked to see Pa. "Did you feed her?" He asked. "Yeah" Ma said while picking up the now empty tray. "She gobbled it down like a pig... she might've well have just eaten the tray too" she laughed.

I look down at the ground when I saw a small roach. "Hey!" Pa said while hitting the top on my head. I looked up at him. "What are you ignoring us?! Have you not learned!?" Pa yelled.

I stared at him. "This is why you're not getting any food tonight..." Ma said while kicking me back. I fell down on my side and just laid there. "Idiot" Pa muttered.

They paused when they heard a sound upstairs. I looked straight forward and Ma hit me on the head with the tray. "Don't need you losing focus again. Get ready for today we'll be right back" Pa said.

They went up the stairs and slammed the door shut. I just sat there in the darkness for a while before I started hearing loud yelling upstairs and things being thrown around.

I didn't pay much attention to it as I wasn't really even supposed to think for myself so I just continued sitting there in darkness until the door was slammed open.

"NO DONT GO DOWN THERE!" I heard Ma scream. "WAIT THERES NOT EVEN ANYTHING TO SEE IN THERE GET OUT NOW!" I heard Pa scream. I squinted when a bright light was shone on me.

"What th-"

"Hey wait is that a kid?"

"Oh my gosh how old is she... look at this"

I looked to see one of the people were Uta-Hime. "Don't worry everything is okay now..." She said while picking me up. She took me up the stairs and I looked to see everything was completely trashed now.

There were people taking pictures of things and inspecting everything as we looked through the house and then got outside. "Is that a kid?" A police officer said. "Yeah she was down there in the basement" Uta-Hime said.

"HEY!" I looked to see Ma and Pa being put into handcuffs. "You little shit! Don't you listen to these people! Don't let them know anything!" Pa yelled at me. "You know what to do! If I find out you didn't listen your dead!" Ma yelled.