𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 65

I opened my eyes to see I was back in the room Ma and Pa used to keep me in. 'Again?' I thought. I shivered as I noticed how cold the room was for some reason.

"Y/n come on!" I looked to see Ma waving me over. I weakly got up. "Gosh..." She said while walking over and grabbing me. We went through the usual ritual of me getting ready but what I noticed was just that everything seemed really cold.

"Here" She said while putting a jacket on me and she also gave me gloves and a scarf. "You better be good" She said while putting a backpack on me.

I just blinked at her as she led me downstairs and to the dining room. "Here eat quick" Pa said while putting a bowl a cereal in front of me. I quickly ate the food. "Hey drink some you look too tired" Pa said while holding a drink out to me.

I took it and was about to drink it but Ma snatched it out of my hand. "Are you crazy? This is coffee! What is Toji smells it" Ma said. "What ever" Pa said. I looked down.

I looked around when the door bell rang. "Stay here with her" Pa said while leaving to dining room. I just looked down at the table as Ma side eyed me.

"I'm not gonna lie you look real adorable today" Ma said while fixing my hair a bit. "But you lost too much weight so don't let him see... be respectful to Toji and forget about the room" Ma said.

"Hey! Aiko! Y/n!" Pa called to us. "Come on" Ma said. I quickly followed her to the front door. "1 day" Ma said while smiling. "Over night" Toji said. Ma's eye twitched.

"That's..... thats what I said" Ma said while patting my backpack. "Right... let's go" Toji said while grabbing my hand. "Bye Y/n!" Pa said while giving me a fake smile. "Have fun!" Ma said.

When we got to his house I looked out the window to see the ground was covered in something white. I moved away a bit when Toji open the door to feel cold air hit my face.

"Hey come here" Toji said. I looked at the stuff on the ground before moving away again as Toji reached out to me. "Y/n it's just snow come on..." He said.

I looked down at the snow and looked back at Toji who held his hand out to me. I went closer to Toji then jumped onto him. "Woah! It's okay come on" He said while picking me up.

I looked down at the snow as went to the door. I calmed down a bit once we got inside. "Are you scared of snow too?" He asked. I just stared up at him silently. "You're the first kid I've seen that doesn't like snow" Toji said while taking my jacket, scarf, and backpack.

He went upstairs with my things and I huddled down in the corner feeling cold. Toji came back downstairs and rose his eyebrow at me. "Are you good?" He asked while going up to me.

I just peeked up at him. He put his hand on my forehead making me jump a bit. "Sorry... you're really cold... here I'll turn on the heater" Toji said before going down the hall.

Soon he came back and crouched down next to me. "You gonna stay in this corner forever?" He asked. I stared at him then got up. Toji picked me up then took me to the living room.

I huddled up on the couch and Toji sighed. "Here I'll get you a blanket" Toji said before going down the hallway. He went and got me a blanket and came back and wrapped it around me.

I held the blanket close to my body feeling so cold I couldn't even focus as I shivered. Had Ma and Pa really starved me that much? That I could barely even conserve enough body heat for myself.

I had never felt this cold before. I started to feel almost desperate and I would've done anything to stop this feeling even set myself on fire but in the midst of feeling myself nearly freeze to death I felt something warm on my head.