Falling into a hole

Ivy was sitting crossed-legged on her bed at cabin 12 with her easel in front of her, taking advantage of the silence owed to Castor and Pollux's absence in order to work better on her current painting.

She absolutely loved her half brothers, but they could be really loud sometimes.

Art was always a way for her to forget about everything and just focus on plastering the colors of what she was feeling on the canvas.

She didn't have a certain style, she just painted something depending on her mood. Sometimes she would make something only she could understand. Or other times recreate an exact replica of something she'd seen and thought was worthy of being illustrated.

She was working on the final details of the landscape she was painting, but the sound of the door opening stole her attention away.

The girl was ready to yell at whoever had disturbed her peace, but instead, a smile appeared on her face once she glanced up.

A head with long blonde curls caught her sight and the girl who barged in flopped beside her in the bed.

Ivy shook her head and quietly laughed at her friend's grumpy mood. "What did Nemo do this time?" She greeted, going back to painting.

The day before, Annabeth had gone to Percy's school to bring him back to camp, and while Ivy was supposed to go too, she ended up staying back to work on her art piece.

"He told a mortal about the gods, can you believe it?" The blonde answered angrily, though her anger quickly faded once she looked back at her dark haired friend. "Hey, don't laugh. I'm serious, he shouldn't go around telling the secret to random mortals." She argued, but Ivy could tell she was trying not to smile now.

"Whatever you say, Annie" She said still laughing a bit. It wasn't uncommon for her two best friends to act like siblings arguing for the smallest things.

Annabeth sat up to look over her shoulder at the painting. "Oh, you are almost finished with it"

"Yep, you like it?" She always showed them to her for her opinion once she finished them, yet her answer was always the same.

"You know I always like them, V" Annabeth was actually the only one who got to call her that. Let's just say the nickname didn't entirely bring back good memories, but it was okay when the Athena girl used it.

They didn't precisely get along during Ivy's first year at camp. Scratch that, they hated each other, without any reason though, they just did. But, after finally getting to know one another and actually having a conversation, they became inseparable. They had realized they were more similar than they believed, and understood each other perfectly.

The fact that they were both runaways had also helped them bond. The only difference was that Ivy's escape wasn't much of a choice.

The dark brown haired smiled at her friend as a thank you. "Hey, did you hear about the war games Quintus is making us play later?"

"Yeah, I saw him with some weird boxes earlier, I guessed they might be for it" The girl answered as she started playing with Ivy's slightly wavy hair, doing small braids in it.

"Most likely, though I still think there's something shady about him." The Thatcher girl voiced out, relaxing at her friend's touch on her hair "Well, except for Mrs. O'Leary of course, I love that dog"

Annabeth just chuckled. Ever since Quintus had arrived, Ivy could always be seen playing with the hellhound around camp, but how couldn't she? She was literally an oversized dog.

Then the blonde seemed to have an idea and her gray eyes seemed to sparkle. "Do you want to spar before the game?"

"Thought you'd never ask."