Hey dad. Oh, Rachel too

They set up a two-block perimeter, with a command tent at the Empire State.

Chiron informed them the Party Ponies had sent chaplains from almost every state in the Union. Roughly five hundred total had answered his call, but even with that many, they couldn't defend more than a few blocks.

"Dude," Said a centaur. "That was more fun than our last convention in Vegas!"

"Yeah," Said another. "We totally wasted them!"

Chiron patted him on the back. "You did well, my friends, but don't get careless. Kronos should never be underestimated. Now why don't you visit the diner on West 33rd and get some breakfast? I hear the Delaware chapter found a stash of root beer."

"Root beer!" They almost trampled each other as they galloped off.

Chiron smiled. Annabeth and Ivy rushed to give him a big hug, and Mrs. O'Leary licked his face.

"Ack," He grumbled. "Enough of that, dog. Yes, I'm glad to see you too."

"Chiron, thanks," Percy said. "Talk about saving the day."

He shrugged. "I'm sorry it took so long. Centaurs travel fast, as you know. We can bend distance as we ride. Even so, getting all the centaurs together was no easy task. The Party Ponies are not exactly organized."

"How'd you get through the magic defenses around the city?" Annabeth asked.

"They slowed us down a bit," Chiron admitted, "but I think they're intended mostly to keep mortals out. Kronos doesn't want puny humans getting in the way of his great victory."

"So maybe other reinforcements can get through," Percy said hopefully.

Chiron stroked his beard. "Perhaps, though time is short. As soon as Kronos regroups, he will attack again. Without the element of surprise on our side . . ."

It was easy to understand. Kronos wasn't even closed to being beaten. Ivy wasn't sure if he'd ever be.

"And Typhon?"

Chiron's face darkened. "The gods are tiring. Dionysus was incapacitated yesterday. Typhon smashed his chariot, and the wine god went down somewhere in the Appalachians. No one has seen him since."

Annabeth glanced at Ivy and snaked an arm around her waist. Ivy appreciated the gesture, but she wasn't sure if she felt bad about the news. She guessed that deep down, despite not wanting to, she did care about her dad.

Chiron continued. "Hephaestus is out of action as well. He was thrown from the battle so hard he created a new lake in West Virginia. He will heal, but not soon enough to help. The others still fight. They've managed to slow Typhon's approach. But the monster can not be stopped. He will arrive in New York by this time tomorrow. Once he and Kronos combine forces—"

"Then what chance do we have?" Percy said. "We can't hold out another day."

"We'll have to," Thalia said. "I'll see about setting some new traps around the perimeter."

She looked exhausted, but she managed to get to her feet and stagger off.

"I will help her," Chiron decided. "I should make sure my brethren don't go too overboard with the root beer."

He cantered off, leaving Ivy, Annabeth and Percy alone.

The boy was the one to brake the silence.

"At least your mom is okay, and I'm sure Mr. D will be fine" He offered.

"If you call fighting Typhon okay." Annabeth fiddled with her knife like she always did when she was nervous. "Guys, even with the centaurs' help, I'm starting to think—"