Yay, Ariel didn't die

Two weeks had passed since the explosion at Mount St Helens, one since Ivy woke up, and it all started to get pretty bad pretty quickly.

Ivy was physically doing better, her burns weren't completely healed yet, but it didn't hurt anymore. Unfortunately, the emotional part was another case.

First of all, Quintus had disappeared. Ivy had always thought there was something off about him, but she still wanted to believe she was wrong.

Turns out she wasn't. He left into the labyrinth and was proclaimed as a spy for Luke. He had even left Mrs. O'Leary behind, Ivy being the person the dog allowed to come close.

Then, to make things worse, Chris Rodriguez got way worse.

It took a lot of convincing from Annabeth, Clarisse and Chiron, but Ivy finally agreed to try to use her powers on the boy.

She held back a lot, in fear of accidentally harming the boy's mind, but she was able to at least fix him enough so that he would willingly receive food and water, as well as sometimes even answer when someone would talk to him.

Clarisse was of course the happiest about this, and she was extremely grateful to Ivy.

And then there was the worst news of all for Ivy. Or most exactly the lack of them.

Two weeks and no sign of Percy, Grover or Tyson.

There was still hope that Grover and Tyson were okay and still searching for Pan, but the thoughts about the Poseidon boy weren't as good.

Annabeth and her had really tried to cling to the thought that Percy had survived. However, their faith for their friend was slowly fading each day he remained missing.

Finally, Chiron decided they had to pronounce him dead and hold his funeral.

The two girls, of course, were entirely devastated and against the idea. But they knew there was nothing they could do anymore except for honoring their friend.

It was late afternoon and all of the campers were gathered in the amphitheater to witness the son of Poseidon's funeral, listening to Chiron's announcement.

"After two weeks of Percy Jackson being missing, I am unhappy to say we have to assume he is dead," Chiron said. "After so long a silence, it is unlikely our prayers will be answered. I have asked his best surviving friends to do the final honors."

Ivy stood next to Annabeth with tears in her eyes she was having trouble to keep at bay.

They took a long green silk burial cloth embroidered with a trident, and set it on the flames, burning their best friend's shroud and admitting his death.

Annabeth was going to speak first. She turned to face the audience, eyes puffy from crying, but managed to start. "He was probably the bravest friend I've ever had. He..."

Then Ivy saw how her face went blood red at something she saw in the crowd. She followed her eyesight and felt her heart stop at the sight. In a happy way though.

"He's right there!"

Heads turned. People gasped.

And there it was. Percy-hero complex- Jackson, back from the dead and crashing his own funeral. And funny enough, Ivy wasn't surprised in the slightest.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Annabeth interrupted, shoving aside the other campers to reach Percy, Ivy right behind her doing the same.

The girls both probably looked like they wanted to kill the boy, but they rushed to throw their arms around him as soon as they reached him, wrapping him in a group hug.